Despite the favourable reaction to the announcement of the Bach Biosciences agreement (stock up 35%), Avacta’s market capitalisation is still much lower than biotech peers that have unique protein-based platforms and drug candidates in the clinical stage, where Avacta is on track to be by 2020.Full report is available via Capital Network website
- Key inflection point: topline data readout from the PhaseOut DMD phase 2 trial in Duchenne (DMD) expected in 3Q 2018
- Imminent start of a pivotal phase 3 study for ridinilazole in C. difficile infections (CDI)
- Recent Discuva acquisition reinforces novel antibiotics discovery capabilities
- Current valuation (market cap of c. $165 mln) undemanding given the stage and commercial potential of Summit's lead programs
- Preventing and treating diseases through the modulation of the microbiome is one of the most exciting frontiers of healthcare, and a fast growing market
- OptiBiotix Health PLC (LON:OPTI), an innovative life sciences company focused on human microbiome, is rapidly transitioning from product development to the commercial stage with early revenues and commercial deals with major corporates including Tata and DSM
- Underpinned by a strong scientific rationale and clinical studies, OptiBiotix Health PLC (LON:OPTI) products help managing significant health problems as weight loss, high cholesterol and hypertension
- OptiBiotix Health PLC (LON:OPTI) commercial push is currently directed towards the rapidly growing consumer health market
- A rich deal pipeline is likely to translate in material revenue growth (£1mln+) within 12 months
A fully integrated specialty pharma company, Midatech Pharma (LON:MTPH) is rapidly progressing the development of three lead R&D programs. They have developed three proprietary drug delivery technologies (Q-Sphera, Gold Nano Particle and Nano Inclusion) to improve and expand the therapeutic potential of validated drug products. At the same time Midatech has built a US commercial unit focused on supportive care products.
No investment advice
The information on this Site is of a general nature only. It does not take your specific needs or circumstances into consideration, so you should look at your own financial position, objectives and requirements and seek financial advice before making any financial decisions. You acknowledge and understand that neither the Company, its related bodies corporate, the information providers or their affiliates will advise you personally about the nature, potential value or suitability of any particular security, portfolio of securities, transaction, investment strategy, or other matter. You should read our FSG and any other relevant disclosure documents and if necessary seek persona advice prior to making any investment decision.
You understand and agree that no Content (as defined below) published on the Site constitutes a recommendation that any particular security, portfolio of securities, transaction, or investment strategy is suitable or advisable for any specific person.
You understand that in certain circumstances the Company, its related bodies corporate, the information providers or their affiliates may have received, or be entitled to receive, financial or other consideration in connection with promoting, and providing information about, certain entities on the Site and in communications otherwise provided to you.
You understand that price and other data is supplied by sources believed to be reliable, that the calculations herein are made using such data, and that neither such data nor such calculations are guaranteed by these sources, the Company, the information providers or any other person or entity, and may not be complete or accurate. From time to time, reference may be made in our marketing materials to prior articles and opinions we have published. These references may be selective, may reference only a portion of an article or recommendation, and are likely not to be current. As markets change continuously, previously published information and data may not be current and should not be relied upon.
Before you act on any general advice we provide, please consider whether it is appropriate for your personal circumstances.