Big Picture – A Deep Dive Examination of Point Loma Resources
Point Loma Resources Snapshot
- Point Loma has captured a significant position on the highly prospective multi-zone Mannville and Mississippian fairway of West Central Alberta.
- Modest drill depth and technological advancements leads to strong economics with low costs per well
- Over 160,000 net acres with significant shallow to medium depth horizontal drilling inventory (> 250 net drilling opportunities)
- Joint Venture and new equity unlocks immediate growth
- Build value for successful exit strategy and shareholder return
- Point Loma 16-17-48-27W4 Discovery Well
- • 525 mbbl net booked 2P reserves on discovery
- • Now 20% of proven reserves
- • PLX net 2,464 acres
- Construct fluid treating facilities to reduce operating costs and improve future well economics
- Implement waterflood pilot
- Optimize placement and completion design for future wells, expected to increase overall well performance
- Reservoir quality analogous to Paddle River Ostracod development
- Bypass pay indicates low geologic risk
- Well is licensed with an existing pipeline on surface location
- Additional Ellerslie oil prospect on Point Loma WI
- Bypass pay and oil shows indicate presence of a large unconventional oil prospect with low geologic risk
- Reservoir quality is similar to recent Wizard Lake Upper Mannville discovery
- Close to gas infrastructure and water disposal
Terry Meek, P.Eng., President & CEO
Mr. Meek has 30+ years of experience in the conventional and unconventional oil & gas industry. Former founder, Executive VP and COO of the coal bed methane focused company Ember Resources Inc. (2005-2011). Former founder, VP Engineering and COO of Thunder Energy (1995-2005), growing market capital to over $600 million from inception.
Thomas L. Love, CPA, CA., Interim CFO
Mr. Love was formerly the Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of several public companies including Madalena Energy Inc. and Online Energy Inc..
Brad Johnston, B.Comm., Vice President, Land
Mr. Johnston has 18+ years of experience in the oil and gas industry, both internationally and in Western Canada, with a focus on negotiating transactions for joint ventures, acquisitions and divestitures. Mr. Johnston previously held positions at Nexen Energy Inc., Galleon Energy Inc., and was VP Land for Carnaby Energy Ltd.
Travis Brookson, P.Geol., Vice President, Exploration
Mr. Brookson has 20+ years of geological experience in the Western Canadian Sedimentary Basin, mostly focused on conventional stacked plays in central Alberta and the Peace River Arch. Mr. Brookson prior companies include Taqa North, Ravenwood Energy, Spartan Energy, Galleon Energy and Talisman Energy.
Troy Wagner, P.Eng., MBA., Vice President, Engineering and Operations
Mr. Wagner has 25+ years of petroleum engineering and management experience, in Canada and internationally. Previously, Mr. Wagner held roles as Vice President and GM of ArPetrol Ltd (Argentina), Vice President and GM of BNK Petroleum (Europe), and Vice President Operations at NAL Resources Management Ltd
Address: 2000, 350 7 Avenue SW
Calgary, AB, T2P 3N9
Monday: 08:00 AM – 04:30 PM
Tuesday: 08:00 AM – 04:30 PM
Wednesday: 08:00 AM – 04:30 PM
Thursday: 08:00 AM – 04:30 PM
Friday: 08:00 AM – 04:30 PM
EMERGENCY RESPONSE NUMBER: