The company has recently received assays for the final eight diamond drill holes totalling 1,296 metres and strong results include:
- 17 metres at 3.6 g/t gold from surface;
- 4 metres at 2.4 g/t from 35 metres; and
- 21 metres at 1.5 g/t from 26 metres.
These are the final results from the company’s 2021 field season and will feed into an updated mineral resource estimate due for completion in September.
“Delivered strike extensions”
Marvel managing director Phil Hoskins said: “We are very excited by the final results from our 2021 drill campaign, which has confirmed the brownfields resource growth potential at Tabakorole.
“Our 2020-21 resource expansion drill program has delivered strike extensions to the northwest and southeast, improved the grade in both the central and northwest zones and defined shallow, high-grade mineralisation outside of the existing resource.
“We believe that this will result in a meaningful increase to the mineral resource which is expected to be reported in September.”
Marvel recently completed 3,240 metres of diamond drilling targeting resource growth in the central and northwest zones of the Tabakorole deposit.
Notably, the previous drilling in the northwest zone had opened the possibility of a high-grade parallel lode of mineralisation over 120 metres of strike, which remains open and at depth.
Drilling within the existing resource outline in the northwest zone has confirmed continuity of the mineralisation with the best new intersection being 17 metres at 3.6 g/t.
Other holes in the northwest zone, designed to better define the mineral resource included:
- 14 metres at 1.5 g/t from 20 metres and 14 metres at 1.0 g/t from 41 metres; and
- 12 metres at 1.4 g/t from 9 metres.
Diamond drill results from Tabakorole’s northwest zone.
Mineral resource upgrade
In total, 4,140 metres of diamond drilling and 5,400 metres of RC drilling have been completed during the 2021 field season and will feed into an upgraded mineral resource estimate expected in September 2021.
Key highlights of this drilling are:
- Central zone: Discovery of shallow, high-grade mineralisation outside of the existing mineral resource and general improvement of grade in this region;
- Northwest zone: Increase in strike length by 150 metres, the discovery of shallow, high-grade mineralisation outside of the existing mineral resource and general improvement of grade in this region; and
- Southeast zone: Increase in strike length by 150 metres.
- Ephrems Joseph