Legend Mining Ltd (ASX:LEG) has identified two new DHTEM conductors on top of further positive diamond drilling results from the Mawson discovery within the wider Rockford Nickel-Copper Project in Western Australia's Fraser Range.
Drilling results have been received from diamond hole RKDD021, which was designed to test a strong 12,000-14,000S off hole conductor identified from reverse circulation (RC) hole RKRC013.
The tenor of the nickel and copper sulphide reports are in-line with the visual assessment of the mineralised intervals, suggesting the semi-massive mineralisation intersected is remobilised and proximal to source.
“Pointer to something bigger”
Managing director Mark Wilson said: “These assay results are within our expectations from visual field observations of the nickel-copper sulphides in this hole.
“The importance of these sulphides is the pointer to something bigger, better and close by, which subsequently was intersected in hole 023 on September 8.”
Wilson said while the company awaited assays from hole 023 the nature (size, strength and location) of the off hole conductors from holes 025 and 026 made them compelling drill targets and these would be tested with the next diamond holes drilled.
He said: “The conductor from hole 025 is interpreted to be more sulphide below hole 023, while the conductor from hole 026 is a new target some 200 metres northwest of hole 023.”
Assays received for heavy disseminated, net-textured and semi-massive sulphide in RKDD021 include:
- 9.3 metres at 0.34% nickel, 0.21% copper, 0.03% cobalt from 132 metres, including 1.5 metres at 0.79% nickel, 0.48% copper and 0.07% cobalt from 140 metres; and
- 15.35 metres at 0.51% nickel, 0.28% copper, 0.05% cobalt from 219.1 metres, including 1.9 metres at 0.99% nickel, 0.43% nickel copper, 0.08% cobalt from 219.1 metres.
DHTEM has been completed and subsequent modelling received for RKDD025 and RKDD026, with DHTEM in hole RKDD025 identifying a strong 25,000-70,000S off hole response which is interpreted to be the extension of massive sulphide below RKDD025 and RKDD023.
This is a highly encouraging development, as thickening of sulphide in the vertical extent below these diamond holes fits well with the current structural model.
DHTEM in hole RKDD026 identified a moderate to strong 6,000-15,000S off hole response of encouraging dimensions.
This target is around 200 metres northwest of the massive nickel-copper sulphide zone identified in RKDD023.
Both DHTEM conductors are highly ranked targets and are scheduled for drill testing sequentially post completion of the current drill hole.
- Diamond drill testing of DHTEM targets generated from RKDD025 and RKDD026;
- Ongoing DD drilling program targeting known sulphide mineralisation, geochemical anomalies, DHTEM targets, and structural targets;
- Ongoing RC drilling program targeting known sulphide mineralisation, geochemical anomalies, and geophysical features;
- Ongoing integration of DD, RC, aircore and geophysical datasets to evolve 3D emplacement model of Mawson and assist future diamond drill hole planning and design; and
- Reconnaissance Level-1 Flora and Fauna Survey.