Legend Mining Limited (ASX:LEG) has received strong massive sulphide assays from "the best hole drilled to date" at Mawson discovery within the Rockford Project in WA's prolific Fraser Range nickel province.
There were three intervals that returned "paydirt" grades of nickel, copper and cobalt in hole RKDD017 while holes RKDD014 and RKDD016 also returned encouraging results.
A recently completed diamond hole (RKDD018), for which assays are pending, has intersected 12.85 metres of nickel-copper sulphides with supergene overprint hosted in mafic/ultramafic intrusive.
Managing director Mark Wilson said: “The paydirt grades returned over 35.95 metres in hole 17 confirm this to be the best hole drilled at Mawson to date.
“The mineralisation remains open to the northeast, southwest and east of the current diamond drilling and requires further analysis of all datasets prior to planning step out RC/diamond holes.”
Key assay results
The drill holes were testing a combination of extensions to mineralisation intersected in previous drilling and FLTEM conductors.
Drill hole 17 had results of:
- 9.55 metres at 2.07% nickel, 1.27% copper and 0.11% cobalt from 158.60 metres;
- 2.80 metres at 2.84% nickel, 2.06% copper and 0.15% cobalt from 193.10 metres; and
- 19.80 metres at 2.71% nickel, 1.79% copper and 0.13% cobalt from 227.80 metres.
Hole 16 intersected 1.85 metres at 1.13% nickel, 0.35% copper and 0.05% cobalt from 112.70 metres while hole 14 returned 3.45 metres at 1.92% nickel, 0.83% copper and 0.10% cobalt from 251.75 metres.
Mawson diamond drill hole locations on aeromagnetics.
Additional diamond drilling
An additional three diamond drill holes (RKDD018-020) totalling 1,334.9 metres have been completed at the Mawson and NE Mawson prospects.
Assays are pending but drill hole RKDD018 has intersected 12.85 metres of nickel-copper sulphides with supergene overprint hosted in mafic/ultramafic intrusive.
Mawson future program
The company plans to continue its 3,000 metre RC drilling program targeting known sulphide mineralisation, geochemical anomalies and gravity features.
Future plans also include:
- Continuing infill aircore drill program across the greater Mawson area;
- Ongoing integration of RC, aircore and gravity datasets to assist future diamond drill hole planning/design; and
- Reporting assays from RKDD015, 018, 019 and 020 once received.