Yandal Resources Ltd (ASX:YRL) has received further strong 1-metre sample assay results from drilling at Flushing Meadows prospect within its Ironstone Well Gold Project in Western Australia.
Gold assay results from 27 angled reverse circulation (RC) holes for 1,944 metres completed in May 2020 include:
- 17 metres at 1.13 g/t from 29 metres including 1-metre at 9.02 g/t;
- 6 metres at 3.79 g/t from 75 metres including 1-metre at 10.30 g/t;
- 6 metres at 1.79 g/t from 8 metres including 1-metre at 6.85 g/t;
- 3 metres at 3.97 g/t from 40 metres including 1-metre at 10.39 g/t;
- 8 metres at 2.22 g/t from 57 metres including 2 metres at 4.42 g/t and 3 metres at 3.36 g/t from 74 metres including 1-metre at 8.02 g/t; and
- 3 metres at 5.42 g/t from 64 metres including 1-metre at 11.65 g/t and 1-metre at 4.52 g/t from 66 metres.
Results from the final 24 holes are expected to be returned in the next few weeks with an updated mineral resource estimate expected in the September quarter.
“Solid foundation for feasibility study”
The feasibility study, mining proposal and mine closure plan contemplate construction of a conventional open pit (only) mining operation with road haulage to third-party processing facilities conducted by contractors and managed by the company.
Yandal managing director Lorry Hughes said: “These new results are consistent with previous drilling within the September 2019 mineral resource envelopes and largely confirm our earlier interpretation of multiple northeast dipping mineralisation zones of variable thickness.
“There is one more batch of RC results due in from recent drilling, add geotechnical, bulk density and metallurgical data from the upcoming diamond drilling program and we will have a solid foundation to complete a robust feasibility study.”
Workstreams have been commenced by a combination of Yandal Resources personnel and independent resource industry consultants.
Flushing Meadows prospect collar plan showing the collar locations of completed RC holes with assays received and pending, selected downhole 1m intervals highlights and historic holes.
Key exploration and development activities planned during the June and September quarters include:
- Receive and review pending 1-metre results from Gordons Dam and Barty aircore drilling;
- Receive and review pending 1-metre results from Flushing Meadows RC drilling;
- Receive and review 4-metre results from the current Gordons Dam aircore and RC drilling;
- Commence new diamond drilling, geotechnical and hydrogeological studies at the Flushing Meadows gold deposit to support feasibility studies; and
- Commence new diamond drilling at Gordons Dam.