Legend Mining Limited (ASX:LEG) shares are trading about 17% higher intra-day after intersecting 30 metres of massive sulphides in three intervals at the Mawson discovery within its Rockford Project in WA’s Fraser Range.
Drill hole 17 intersected a total of 30.05 metres of massive sulphides in three intervals:
- 19.8 metres from 227.8 – 247.6 metres downhole;
- 7.45 metres from 158.6 – 166.05 metres downhole; and
- 2.8 metres from 193.1 – 195.9 metres downhole.
19.8-metre massive sulphide interval
Legend managing director Mark Wilson said: “The 19.8m intercept of massive sulphides makes hole 17 the best Mawson hole we have drilled to date.”
The company's drill hole 13 at Mawson intersected two massive sulphide intervals:
- 12 metres at 2.36% nickel, 1.36% copper, 0.12% cobalt from 239.2 metres; and
- 1.5 metres at 2.33% nickel, 3.76% copper, 0.12% cobalt from 257.5 metres.
“Something big and close”
Drill hole 14 intersected 5.5 metres of semi-massive to massive sulphides from 249.7 metres, hole 15 intersected 61.9 metres disseminated sulphide interval from 97.9 metres and hole 16 intersected 3.7 metres of semi-massive to heavy disseminated sulphide from 112.7 metres.
Wilson added: “Holes 14, 15 and 16 have all intersected sulphides of varying widths and styles and add to the story.
“The assays received from the massive intercepts in hole 13 confirm ore grade mineralisation.
“These results add to those previously announced and indicate something big and close.
“We are excited by the challenge of finding it.”
Mawson future programs
- Continue diamond drilling program targeting extensions to the nickel-copper mineralisation.
- Complete DHTEM (down-hole transient electromagnetic) in drill holes 16 and 17.
- Integration of geological and geophysical data from diamond drillholes and DHTEM into the Mawson 3D geological model.
- Diamond dill test two FLTEM (fixed-loop transient electromagnetic) conductors (D13 & D15) in the northeast part of Mawson.
- Continue infill aircore drill programme across the greater Mawson area.
- Continue detailed gravity survey over the main Mawson gravity high.