viewGreatland Gold PLC

Greatland’s Havieron project moves to the pre-feasibility stage, as Newcrest now holds 40% and presses on with work

The Havieron gold project has already yielded plenty of very attractive gold intercepts

Greatland Gold PLC -

Greatland Gold PLC (AIM:GGP) has revealed that its partner at the Havieron gold project in Western Australia, Newcrest Mining (ASX:NCM) has completed stage 2 of the farm-in agreement by spending US$20mln on exploration.

Newcrest is now embarking on stage three of the farm-in, and in accordance with the agreement now holds 40% of Havieron, with the remaining 60% interest retained by Greatland.

In order to complete stage 3 of the farm-in, Newcrest must spend an additional US$25mln and deliver a pre-feasibility study.

Newcrest said it has continued infill drilling to support the delivery of a maiden resource in the second half of calendar year 2020 and is investigating the potential of an exploration decline.

Newcrest will provide updated Havieron drilling results in its quarterly exploration report to be released on April 30, 2020.

Elsewhere, Greatland said its other exploration activities in Western Australia have been delayed by the coronavirus crisis.

"The commencement of stage 3 of the farm-in agreement by Newcrest represents an important milestone in the life of the Havieron project as it now officially moves into the pre-feasibility study stage of development,” Greatland chief executive Gervaise Heddle said in a statement.

“In just over 12 months, Newcrest has delivered six consecutive sets of excellent drill results at Havieron, which support the potential for both high grade selective and bulk mining methods. We are delighted by Newcrest's ongoing commitment and we look forward to reporting further results as work continues towards the next major milestone at Havieron, the delivery of a maiden mineral resource in the second half of the 2020 calendar year.”

Quick facts: Greatland Gold PLC

Price: 12.515 GBX

Market: AIM
Market Cap: £470.4 m

Add related topics to MyProactive

Create your account: sign up and get ahead on news and events


The Company is a publisher. You understand and agree that no content published on the Site constitutes a recommendation that any particular security, portfolio of securities, transaction, or investment strategy is...

In exchange for publishing services rendered by the Company on behalf of Greatland Gold PLC named herein, including the promotion by the Company of Greatland Gold PLC in any Content on the Site, the Company receives...



Gold producers and 'favoured explorers' enjoying continued strong run

Mining Capital's Alastair Ford discusses the continued strength of the gold price. ''Gold has been one of the big winners out of the coronavirus crisis ... everyone can see there's more money being printed because of the massive economic uncertainty and in the medium term President Trump is...

on 21/5/20

2 min read