Yandal Resources Ltd (ASX:YRL) has revealed further 1-metre and 4-metre composite sample assay results from reverse circulation (RC) and aircore (AC) drilling at the Flushing Meadows and Flinders Park prospects in the Yandal Greenstone Belt of WA.
The prospects occur within the regionally extensive Barwidgee Shear Zone, south-west of the mining town of Wiluna and within close proximity to a number of gold development projects and operating mines.
The new drilling results from oxide and primary zones indicate the potential for substantial resource expansion at the Flushing Meadows Gold Deposit.
1-metre assay results are pending from a number of significant 4-metre composite intervals including:
- 72 metres at 1.18g/t gold from 16 metres including 20 metres at 3.48g/t gold from 52 metres (YRLRC133);
- 12 metres at 3.07g/t gold from 4 metres including 4 metres at 7.30g/t gold from 8 metres (YRLRC139);
- 36 metres at 1.12g/t gold from 76 metres including 12 metres at 2.82g/t gold from 100 metres (YRLRC146); and
- 8 metres at 4.17g/t gold from 36 metres including 4 metres at 8.18g/t gold from 36 metres (YRLRC149).
Flushing Meadows prospect collar plan showing the collar locations of new RC holes with selected downhole 1-metre intervals (>0.50g/t gold)
Yandal managing director Lorry Hughes said: “We have completed just over 5,000m of the current 20,000m drilling program to test several priority Yandal Belt prospects.
“Results to date suggest resource expansion is likely.
“Flushing Meadows mineralisation is open down dip and we have intersected significant gold in the primary zone.
“It is encouraging that high grades are present at depth within parts of the mineral system explored to date and further drilling is warranted to determine the potential to define high quality underground resources.
“New gold intercepts within the oxide zone increase the potential to define shallow resources that can be exploited via open pit mining methods particularly as a number commence from surface.
“We look forward to receiving the individual 1m results from these holes in the coming weeks and those from new deeper drilling across the deposit over the coming months”.
Key exploration activities planned during the remainder of the December quarter include:
- Complete a significant portion of the current 20,000 metres RC and AC drilling program prior to the cessation of field activities for the 2019 calendar year;
- Review pending results from all projects and generate new exploration targets to test in the March quarter 2020;
- Release further metallurgical test work results for Flushing Meadows mineralisation;
- Results of new auger drilling on regional prospects.