Wallbrook is considered underexplored and highly prospective for the discovery of significant gold mineralisation.
Drilling completed by Nexus in 2018 demonstrated this prospectivity.
Notably, within the project’s district 5 million ounces of gold resources are hosted in a similar geological setting to that underlying the Nexus tenement holding.
During the December quarter Nexus also completed the Newmont tenement acquisition, increasing the Wallbrook Project.
The work plan for the current March quarter at Wallbrook is as follows:
• Historical data review and database integration of new tenements;
• Geological and structural mapping;
• Analysis of regional geochemistry;
• Geophysical programs including gravity and ground magnetics;
• R&D sampling; and
• Drill testing of priority exploration targets.