Exceptional high-grade gold results from diamond drilling (DD) at Seko Anomaly SK2, include:
• 7 metres at 16.24 g/t gold from surface; including 2 metres at 46.75 g/t gold from 4 metres; and
• 40 metres at 10.66 g/t gold from 25 metres; including 10 metres at 23.82 g/t gold from 25 metres.
Notably, aircore (AC) drilling 400 metres to the north of SK2 has identified a new mineralised zone with results including:
• 11 metres at 1.79 g/t gold from 31 metres with the hole ending in mineralisation; including 2 metres at 5.01 g/t gold from 40 metres.
The company’s Dandoko, Moussala, Kouroufing and Kandiole Projects are located in Western Mali, 30 kilometres to the east of B2Gold’s (TSE:BTO) 5.15 million gold ounces (Moz) Fekola mine and 50 kilometres to the southeast of Randgold’s (LON:RRS) 12.5 Moz Loulo mine.
The DD drilling at Seko is part of a metallurgical program to be incorporated in future scoping studies undertaken by Oklo.
The company’s phase II drill program was completed with the onset of the wet season in mid-July, with assay results still pending from:
- 4 reverse circulation holes testing the Sory prospect 1.5 kilometres south of Seko;
- 149 reconnaissance AC holes testing Dabia and Sory;
- 690 shallow auger holes testing the Kouroufing Project located 20 kilometres southeast of Dandoko.
Oklo’s drilling will recommence after the wet season with planning underway and programs to be finalised upon receipt of all pending assays.