leadf
logo-loader
viewWalkabout Resources Ltd

Walkabout Resources expands gold position in Northern Ireland

An additional joint venture provides access to the Slieve Gallion licence.

Northern Ireland map
The licence is circa 20 kilometres from the 4.4 million ounce Curraghinalt resource

Walkabout Resources Ltd (ASX:WKT) is expanding its tenements in Northern Ireland through an additional joint venture with partner Koza (UK) Ltd.

This will provide access to the Slieve Gallion licence, which is highly prospective for gold and base metals and is close to the 4.4 million ounce Curraghinalt gold resource of Dalradian Resources Inc (AIM:DLAR).

Antrim Metals JV renegotiated

Walkabout has also negotiated a term sheet with Koza to assume exploration management of the Antrim Metals gold joint venture and earn-in another 25% to extend its holding to 75%.

Trevor Benson, executive chairman, said: “Walkabout’s core business strength is the ability to identify and acquire exploration prospects that create follow-on opportunities.

“The addition of these earn-in joint ventures with Koza, which includes management control, enables us to strengthen our position within the highly prospective Dalradian gold belt.

“This further leverages the company’s strategy to diversify into potential growth opportunities.”

Multi-commodity project

The Slieve Gallion JV is a multi-commodity project that comprises one mineral prospecting licence.

It is adjacent to Dalradian’s DG2 property, which hosts the Curraghinalt gold resource and the Cashel Rock VMS occurrence.

Walkabout will earn-in to 50% of the holding company with a minimum expenditure of US$500,000 in exploration costs.

It can earn an additional 25% upon publication of a jointly agreed pre-feasibility study (PFS) and Koza will enjoy a free carry through to publication of the PFS.

At this point, further development costs will be shared 75/25 and Koza may elect to dilute.

If Koza is diluted to 10% or less, a 2% standard Net Smelter Return is triggered.

Historical data compiled

Koza’s early stage exploration has involved an extensive desktop compilation of historical data with field work targeting historic and Tellus anomalies.

Rock sampling from various outcrop and float has discovered up to 58.5 g/t gold and 2.7% copper.

Walkabout is reviewing the exploration plans and budgets for its tenure in Northern Ireland.

The aim is to prioritise and refine these to ensure that future programs are aligned with its exploration strategy.

Field work is planned

Field work will start on the high-priority targets as soon as the transition into the new company has been completed.

Walkabout recently acquired the Antrim Metals gold JV as part of the Northern Ireland exploration assets of Lonmin PLC (LON:LMI).

A mineralised intersection from the Antrim Metals gold joint venture.

Antrim Metals Limited is the UK registered company jointly owned by Walkabout and Koza UK on a 50:50 basis.

Under a new JV deal, Walkabout will assume management and can earn an additional 25% interest by publishing a JORC resource of 250,000 ounces of gold or gold equivalent.

Koza will free carry until a PFS for a contemplated mining operation is published.

READ: Walkabout Resources secures equipment funding for Lindi Jumbo Graphite Project

Walkabout is fast-tracking the development of the high-grade Lindi Jumbo Graphite Project in Tanzania and is exploring for lithium at the Eureka Lithium Project in Namibia.

The company holds 70% of four licences at Lindi Jumbo with an option to acquire the remaining 30%.

READ: Walkabout Resources closes rights issue oversubscribed

The company recently closed a $6.7 million 1:3 renounceable rights issue oversubscribed after a strong response from shareholders.

Quick facts: Walkabout Resources Ltd

Price: 0.175 AUD

ASX:WKT
Market: ASX
Market Cap: $61.1 m
Follow

Add related topics to MyProactive

Create your account: sign up and get ahead on news and events

NO INVESTMENT ADVICE

The Company is a publisher. You understand and agree that no content published on the Site constitutes a recommendation that any particular security, portfolio of securities, transaction, or investment strategy is...

In exchange for publishing services rendered by the Company on behalf of Walkabout Resources Ltd named herein, including the promotion by the Company of Walkabout Resources Ltd in any Content on the Site, the Company...

FOR OUR FULL DISCLAIMER CLICK HERE

Walkabout Resources' updated DFS designed to reduce start up risks for Lindi...

Walkabout Resources Ltd (ASX:WKT) executive director Allan Mulligan talks Proactive Investors through the enhanced outcomes of an updated Definitive Feasibility Study (DFS) for the Lindi Jumo Graphite Project in Tanzania. Mulligan explains that capital costs have been reduced, and that...

on 12/3/19

3 min read