Sign up Australia
Proactive Investors - Run By Investors For Investors

Senex Energy selling Port Bonython Fuels Terminal project to Mitsubishi Corporation

Senex Energy selling Port Bonython Fuels Terminal project to Mitsubishi Corporation

Senex Energy (ASX: SXY) is focusing on its core upstream oil and gas assets with its deal to sell the Port Bonython Fuels Terminal project to Mitsubishi Corporation for an undisclosed sum.

The company is pursuing a rapid growth strategy focused on its Cooper and Surat basin assets that cover both conventional and unconventional oil and gas plays.

This has paid off with company's current market capitalisation of just under A$1 billion representing a 180% gain from its market capitalisation of about A$357 million a year ago.

Senex had earlier this month resumed coal seam gas exploration in the Surat Basin and is currently drilling the Thunderchief-1 oil exploration well in the Cooper Basin western flank.

The company had inherited the project when it acquired Stuart Petroleum but has obviously decided that Mitsubishi would be better suited to develop it.

Senex noted that it was an upstream business, focused on the exploration, development and production of oil and gas assets while Mitsubishi had capabilities across the entire petroleum products value chain.

Senex will initially sell 90% of the project to Mitsubishi and place the remaining 10% on a put and call option arrangement.

This will allow the two companies to transfer the remaining interest to Mitsubishi for an additional payment within 13 months of the date of arrangement.

The initial stage of the Port Bonython Fuels project is focused on delivering up to 1 billion litres of diesel annually to fuel growth and industry in the north and west of South Australia.

View full SXY profile View Profile

Senex Energy Timeline

Related Articles

Gas plant
July 05 2018
West Rustavi is not Block’s only play in Georgia, it has stakes in two other licences, but it is the potential headline grabber
range resources well in trinidad
August 16 2018
Infrastructure upgrades at Range’s Beach Marcelle oil field are underway, while two new wells at the project are due to be drilled later this year
Jack-up rig
September 25 2018
Two wells are already in small scale production but the new one, now called TLP-103c, will go down to 2,700m at target depth

© Proactive Investors 2018

Proactive Investors Australia PTY LTD ACN:132787654 ABN:19132787654.

Market Indices, Commodities and Regulatory News Headlines copyright © Morningstar. Data delayed 15 minutes unless otherwise indicated. Terms of use