Big picture - Why invest in Hazer Group Ltd
Hazer Group Ltd Snapshot
HAZER® Group Limited is a pioneering ASX-listed technology development company undertaking the commercialisation of the HAZER® Process, a low-emission hydrogen and graphite production process. The HAZER® Process enables the effective conversion of natural gas and similar feedstocks, into hydrogen and high quality graphite, using iron ore as a process catalyst.
Cheaper and cleaner alternative
The HAZER® Process produces ‘clean’ and economically completive hydrogen with at least 50% emission reduction anticipated over alternative fossil fuel based hydrogen production like Steam Methane Reforming.
With a global market worth over US$100 billion, hydrogen is widely used as an industrial chemical – primarily within the petroleum industry and for the production of ammonia. Traditionally the high cost of production and the large CO2 emissions that are created when producing hydrogen has limited the development of the hydrogen-based energy market.
Multiple clean applications
The low-emissions associated with our process offers a gateway to cleaner hydrogen for multiple applications across the hydrogen energy market including Fuel Cell Vehicles, Grid Smoothing and Stationary Power.
The Fuel cell vehicle (FCV) market is estimated to reach over USD 18 billion by 2023 with the technology able to power airport tugs, forklifts, heavy duty vehicles and passenger vehicles. Major automotive players are pursuing fuel cell technology and leading manufacturers are already offering commercially available FCEVs with significant hydrogen infrastructure is being developed around the world.
The HAZER® Process produces high quality, low cost synthetic graphite. Our graphite is highly crystalline and has excellent comparison to high-end commercial forms of graphite used in lithium-ion batteries.
Importantly, there is less environmental damage, as Hazer does not need to excavate mass areas of land like natural graphite extraction and does not require the use harsh chemicals like petroleum coke used to create current synthetic graphite.
In 2013 the global graphite market totalled over 2.5 million tonnes per annum, worth over US$13.6. Graphite has an increasing demand worldwide in many industrial applications; developments in the energy field, particularly in the lithium-ion battery market is a key driver for ongoing graphite demand.
Last updated 6th July 2018
MR TIM GOLDSMITH
- Previously a Partner at PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) for over 20 years.
- Mining expert and industry-thought leader.
- Initiated a China focus in 2002 that lead to PcW’s Australia China desk, which is known throughout China today.
MS DANIELLE LEE
- Corporate lawyer with more than 20 years’ experience with approximately 9 years as legal counsel at ASX Sydney and Assistant Manager at ASX Perth.
- Main practice areas are corporate advisory, governance and equity capital markets; regularly advises on issues relating to the Corporations Act and ASX Listing Rules
DR ANDREW HARRIS
- Lead Director of the Engineering Excellence Group within Laing O’Rouke
- Professor of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering at the University of Sydney
- Previously the CTO of Zenogen, a hydrogen production technology company, and a co-founder of Oak Nano, a start-up commercialising novel carbon nanotube technology.
MR SIMON RUSHTON
- Currently the Executive General Manager of Corporate Development at Mineral Resources Limited and Non-Executive Chairman of Reed Industrial Minerals
- Extensive legal and commercial expertise across a range of industries including mining, oil and gas, and logistics
- Brings many strong relationships mining and related industries both in Australia and overseas.
MR MARK EDWARDS
Acting Chief Executive Officer
- Previously the AUA Regional Director for Light Metals division at Hatch Pty Ltd
- Mechanical engineer with 25 years in industry, including project engineering and site maintenance and operations.
- Roles included technical consultant with extensive project management and engineering management experience.
MS EMMA WALDON
- Over 18 years global corporate experience.
- Company Secretary of MOKO Social Media Limited
- Diverse financial, corporate advisory and risk management roles at Ernst & Young, Euroz Securities, Lloyds Banking Group (London) and Deloitte.
DR ANDREW CORNEJO
Chief Technical Officer
- PhD and key researcher on the initial Hazer project
- Lead inventor on a number of patents.
- Commercial experience in engineering consultancy and resources project development.
- Bachelor of mechanical engineering and commerce (UWA), Graduate Cert in research commercialisation (QUT)
- Member, AICA, a Fellow of the FINSIA and a Certificated Member of GIA.
MR THOMAS MURRELL
Chief Marketing Officer
- 35 years experience in media, strategic communications and capital investment marketing.
- Director of ASX-listed emerging graphite developer Walkabout Resources.
- Chairman of Hong Boa Media, a Singapore and Malaysia-based media services company.
- A graduate of three Australian Universities, including MBA in Marketing from UWA.
MR COBUS MALHERBE
- Masters in Chemical Engineering and over 20 years of international engineering and team management experience
- Chartered Chemical Engineer, registered with the Board of Professional Engineers of Queensland
- Previous experience in operations and development roles with Santos Ltd, Linc Energy and Sasol Ltd.
MR ALEX MASHEGO
Pilot Plant Development Manager
- Master’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Chartered Chemical Engineer and Registered Professional Engineer of Queensland
- 16 years of process engineering experience
- Held senior engineering roles with international organisations such as Sasol Ltd, Eskon, Huntsman Corporation and Linc Energy
- Experience in commercial, demonstration and pilot plant operations and optimisation
MS BELINDA WILSON
Manager - Corporate Services
- 20 years of office administration and management experience ranging across a broad spectrum of industries including: Oil & Gas, Mining, Sport, Not-for-profit and Professional Services.
- Previously with PwC as Business Support Manager, overseeing administration function for the Perth office and national team.
- Bachelor of Commerce – Business Management & Law
Last updated 6th July 2018
Suite 2, 29
The Avenue Nedlands WA 6009
PO Box 1458,
West Perth WA 6872