viewBryah Resources Ltd

Bryah Resources’ high-grade hits confirm Brumby Creek as major new manganese find

New drilling results from the Bryah Basin JV prospect demonstrate the potential for a direct shipping-grade ore operation.

Bryah Resources Ltd - Bryah Resources’ high-grade hits confirm Brumby Creek as major new manganese find
Bryah is managing exploration at the manganese JV in the Bryah Basin

Bryah Resources Ltd’s (ASX:BYH) new drilling results of up to 30 metres at 33.6% manganese, including 16 metres at 38%, confirm Brumby Creek prospect within the Bryan Basin joint venture in Western Australia as a new manganese find.

The Bryah Basin Manganese JV is 80%-owned by Bryah Resources while the remaining 20% is held by OM (Manganese) Limited, a wholly-owned subsidiary of OM Holdings Ltd (ASX:OMH).

Several reverse circulation holes at Brumby Creek intercepted greater than 30% manganese, showing potential for a direct shipping-grade ore operation.

High-grade results

Best results from the recently completed drilling include:

  • 30 metres at 33.6% manganese, including 16 metres at 38.0% from 21 metres;
  • 25 metres at 29.0% manganese including 5 metres at 36.2% from 23 metres; and
  • 22 metres at 27.9% manganese.

Potential for “significant tonnages”

Bryah Resources managing director Neil Marston said: “The drilling has again demonstrated that the manganiferous Horseshoe Range, most of which is under our joint venture with OM (Manganese) Limited, has the potential to host significant tonnages of shallow manganese.

“At the Brumby Creek prospect, we have intersected shallow manganese across multiple areas since we started drilling in 2019.

“This area is shaping up as major new manganese find within the Horseshoe Range.”

Shares have been as much as 12.5% higher to 5.5 cents intra-day.

Drilling program

Bryah drilled a total of 17 RC drill holes for 652 metres along the strike as well as up and down dip to confirm the extent and orientation of the manganese mineralisation.

A scissor hole, drilled to test the extent of manganese mineralisation and to assist in the geological interpretation of the deposit, recorded the 30-metre interval.

BYH said this result was significant as it confirmed that the mineralisation was continuous rather than the previous interpretation of a series of narrow, vertical zones of manganese.

The southernmost line intersected manganese and confirmed that the mineralisation is open along strike to the south.

More results expected

Martson said: “Our understanding of the mineralisation across the range evolves with each drilling program, which is assisting us to identify further target areas for drill testing in the future.

“We have been successful in locating significant zones of manganese mineralisation in areas with limited outcrop, which have been ignored by previous explorers.

“We now look forward to reporting the results of recent drilling at Cheval and Black Beauty.”

Follow-up activities

The company expects additional manganese sample assays to be received from drilling at the Black Hill, Cheval and Black Beauty Prospects in coming weeks.

Results of the drilling will be used to undertake geological modelling ahead of further drilling.

Bryah plans to initiate another drilling program, which will be fully funded by OM and is expected to be completed in the December quarter of 2020.

The JV agreement signed in 2019 applies to manganese only in a 660-square-kilometre area in the Bryah Basin, including the historic Horseshoe South Manganese Mine.

Quick facts: Bryah Resources Ltd

Price: 0.071 AUD

Market: ASX
Market Cap: $10.9 m

Add related topics to MyProactive

Create your account: sign up and get ahead on news and events


The Company is a publisher. You understand and agree that no content published on the Site constitutes a recommendation that any particular security, portfolio of securities, transaction, or investment strategy is...


Base Resources lifts production across all products as sector 'continues to...

Base Resources Limited's (LON:BSE)(ASX:BSE) Tim Carstens talks Proactive's Andrew Scott through its December quarter highlights. He says it's been a pleasing quarter with operations at Kwale continuing with its 'usual consistent production'. ''We had our mining rates up quite a bit this...

5 hours, 22 minutes ago

3 min read