Work to date infers that Mt Oxide’s mineralisation is consistent with mines and deposits across Mt Isa’s globally renowned mining province.
A snap-shot of the prospects’ current status quo follows:
- Wall, Pancake & Johnnies: copper-zinc-lead-gold-silver observations in outcrop consistent with Mt Isa style mineralisation;
- Crescent: new prospect – visible gold in stream sediments; silver noted in outcrops & stream sediments;
- High-grade Big One Deposit: Preliminary drilling program formed targeting massive sulphides below supergene ore;
- Arya prospect: Preliminary drill targets formulated to test the massive sulphide anomaly; and
- High-grade Boomerang Mine: geophysics / soil sampling needed to build on known 800m copper strike.
Work by the geology team will continue with further details on Mt Oxide’s prospects expected over the coming weeks
Fast-tracking Mt Oxide’s development
Castillo’s managing director Simon Paull said: “The geological interpretations from the new data delivers us the ability to look at the Mt Oxide pillar from a truly macro perspective.
“It’s an extremely exciting position for CCZ moving forward, as we now have five mineralisation styles within the tenure boundaries and, critically, evidence of Mt Isa style signature.
“Factoring in known prospects, fast-track developing the Mt Oxide pillar is now central to our plans to transform CCZ into a mid-tier copper group.”
Proactive caught up with Castillo in January for an update.