Hole BMZ79 was drilled to a total depth of 560 metres and intersected 40 metres of mineralisation from 410 metres with variable concentration of visible zinc and copper mineralisation.
Massive sulphide mineralised interception at hole BMZ79 from 417.3 metres to 420.28 metres
The mineralisation density varies along the width of the intersection. Hole BMZ80 is underway and currently at 230 metres depth.
The current drilling plans to extend the zone of high-grade mineralisation near hole BMZ78 which was drilled by Blue Moon Zinc Corporation in 2018.
Platina believes there is excellent potential to expand the size of the existing resource and target mineralisation in other areas that have been defined within the tenement package through geophysics and soil geochemistry.
Plan view showing Platina`s phase 1 drill hole completed (BMZ79) and ongoing (BMZ80) both placed in the same pad as BMZ78, drilled by Blue Moon Zinc in 2018
The company intends to continue drilling at the project in a number of phases to:
- Expand the size of the existing mineral resource which is open at depth and along strike;
- Convert the inferred mineral resources to measured and indicated through infill drilling;
- Target other potential mineralisation within the tenement package;
- Collect geotechnical and hydrological data for incorporation into feasibility studies; and
- Collect drill core for metallurgical test work.