Venus Metals Corporation Ltd (ASX:VMC) and joint venture partner Rox Resources Ltd (ASX:RXL) have successfully extended the strike length of gold mineralisation at the Red White and Blue Gold Prospect via reverse circulation (RC) drilling.
The Red White and Blue Gold Prospect is within the Currans Find Joint Venture gold project which is about 5 kilometres northwest of the historical Penny West Gold Mine in WA.
Best results from the recent RC drilling at the Red White and Blue Prospect include:
- CFRC051: 9 metres at 3.27 g/t gold from 35 metres, including 2 metres at 8.35 g/t gold from 38 metres.
Additional RC drilling at the Currans North Prospects also extended the gold-mineralised zone; best results from Currans North include:
- CFRC071: 2 metres at 5.60 g/t gold from 163 metres;
- CFRC074: 1 metre at 5.40 g/t gold from 87 metres;
- CFRC076: 1 metre at 4.80 g/t gold from 86 metres; and
- CFRC069: 2 metres at 3.26 g/t gold from 144 metres.
RC hole CFRC051 intersected high-grade gold mineralization that is associated with anomalous copper and lead.
The presence of this gold - base metals association is significant as it is a potential indicator of high-grade gold mineralisation of the Penny West and Currans North-style gold mineralisation.
Notably, the gold mineralisation remains open at depth and warrants further drilling to target potential high-grade zones down plunge and along strike.