FYI Resources Ltd (ASX:FYI) will host a number of pilot plant tours for strategic groups and media at its purpose-built test facility in Welshpool, Western Australia, following successful completion of a trial program.
Participating groups have been invited to view the company’s high purity alumina (HPA) refining process from ‘end to end’ utilising kaolin sourced from FYI’s Cadoux project in WA as feedstock.
Plant bespoke designed
The tours will serve as a unique opportunity for HPA market participants and stakeholder engagement following the trial program at the plant, which is bespoke designed and built to demonstrate the capabilities of FYI’s innovative HPA flowsheet design.
Visitor groups were invited based on their current and future involvement as well as their support of the company’s HPA strategy.
These groups include potential customers, commodity traders, project investors, government, researchers, future battery industry representatives and media.
"Insight into innovative process"
Managing director Roland Hill said: “The company is delighted to host a tour of our pilot plant to selected groups with whom we have been engaged with during the development of FYI’s HPA strategy.
“The tour will provide a good insight into an innovative process that is potentially on the brink of disrupting the current supply of HPA, which is sourced almost exclusively from bauxite.”
Pilot plant objectives
Over the development phase of the definitive feasibility study (DFS) the company recognised several core objectives for the pilot plant which included:
- A full demonstration of the complete ‘end to end’ process allowing the observation of the operating characteristics of the innovative process flowsheet developed for FYI’s HPA strategy;
- Important results from this trial have provided insights to optimise economic parameters such as recoveries, flow rates, materials handling and opex and capex costs;
- Having access to the facility which allows the visit groups to be more deeply informed as a potential partner regarding the innovative flowsheet and of FYI’s long-term development strategy;
- Allowing for more meaningful due diligence by interested parties; and
- The high-quality output produced by the pilot plant will be utilised for product qualification and negotiations with potential offtake parties.
In showcasing the above points the visitors will benefit from the first-hand experience of the pilot plant in operation whilst analyses of the trial product is conducted by a specialist assay laboratory in the US.