Red River Resources Ltd (ASX:RVR) has confirmed further high-grade assay results from drilling at the Liontown Project, part of its Thalanga Operations in Northern Queensland.
LTDD002 and LTDD005 intersected broad zones of polymetallic mineralisation with strong gold grades in the New Queen Lens about 35 metres below surface:
- LTDD19002 intersected 55.95 metres at 0.2% copper, 2.6% lead, 5.8% zinc, 1.1 g/t gold and 12 g/t silver, (9.7% zinc equivalent) from 39.85 metres down-hole; and
- LTDD19005 intersected of 51.30 metres at 0.2% copper, 2.0% lead, 5.1% zinc, 1.2 g/t gold & 14 g/t silver, (8.3% zinc equivalent) from 36.70 metres down-hole.
The Liontown Project comprises the significant polymetallic massive sulphide deposits at Liontown and Liontown East which have a total resource of 3.6 million tonnes at 10% zinc equivalent.
This is the first time Red River has drilled Liontown, with the objective of better defining the resource for development and to increase it.
To date, six holes have been completed (LTDD001 to LTD005 and LTD008) with LTD19011 in progress.
Assay results have been received for LTD19001 to LTDD19004 and partial assay results for LTDD19005.
All five holes drilled hit high grade polymetallic massive sulphide mineralisation in the Liontown Main Lens positions - Lower, Central and Upper Lenses.
- LTDD19002: 4.7 metres at 18.7% zinc equivalent from 182.6 metres down-hole and 4.12 metres at 18.9% zinc equivalent from 234.50 metres down-hole;
- LTDD19003: 3.98 metres at 15.6% zinc equivalent from 132.50 metres down-hole; and
- LTDD19005 also intersected zones of polymetallic massive sulphide mineralisation in the Liontown Main Lens - assay results are pending.
Importantly, these results provide confidence in historical drill data and confirm the high grade, gold-rich polymetallic nature of the Liontown Deposit.