leadf
logo-loader
viewLansdowne Oil & Gas

Lansdowne Oil & Gas raises £10 mln in placing

sterling350_5035de4a04833.jpg

Lansdowne Oil & Gas (LON:LOGP) said it has raised £10 million through a placing priced at a fraction below the market price, and will use the money to fund its share of the continued evaluation of the Barryroe oil field in the North Celtic Sea Basin.

The group issued 18.18 million shares at 55 pence each to institutional investors. The stock opened the trading session 1 percent higher than yesterday’s close at 58.50 pence.

The placing shares represent approximately 12.9 percent of the enlarged capital.

Chief executive Steve Boldy said:  “We will continue to work closely with the operator, Providence Resources (LON:PVR), to focus on the ongoing evaluation work on the Barryroe oil field, following the success of the 48/24-10z appraisal well earlier this year. 

“We will also continue to focus on our farm-out campaign for our exploration prospects, where discussions are continuing following the data room exercise held over the summer,” he added.

Lansdowne holds a balanced portfolio of oil discoveries, low and moderate risk gas prospects near existing infrastructure and moderate risk oil prospects. 

The company is focused on the underexplored North Celtic Sea Basin which has proven petroleum systems in place for both oil and gas.

The Barryroe licence is operated and 80 percent controlled by Providence, with Lansdowne holding the remaining 20 percent.


Quick facts: Lansdowne Oil & Gas

Price: 1.3512 GBX

AIM:LOGP
Market: AIM
Market Cap: £11.8 m
Follow

Add related topics to MyProactive

Create your account: sign up and get ahead on news and events

NO INVESTMENT ADVICE

The Company is a publisher. You understand and agree that no content published on the Site constitutes a recommendation that any particular security, portfolio of securities, transaction, or investment strategy is...

FOR OUR FULL DISCLAIMER CLICK HERE

Ora Banda Mining anticipating its first gold bar by the end of January

Ora Banda Mining Ltd's (ASX:OBM) David Quinlivan talks Proactive's Andrew Scott through its December quarterly update. He says they've now begun wet commissioning of the plant and will be progressively commissioning over the coming weeks with a view of getting the first gold bar out by the end...

11 hours, 36 minutes ago

2 min read