logo-loader
viewAlba Mineral Resources plc

Alba Mineral Resources set to take a further 41% stake in Clogau gold mine

Once the deal goes through, Alba will own 90% of the Clogau gold project, located in the Dolgellau gold belt in Wales

gold mineralisation
There is a lot of royal history behind the Clogau gold mine

Alba Mineral Resources PLC (LON:ALBA) has agreed to acquire a further 41% stake in Gold Mines of Wales.

Once the deal formally goes through, AIM-listed Alba will own 90% of the Clogau gold project which is located in the Dolgellau gold belt in Wales. The remaining 10% will be free-carried to commercial production, although could end up taking that stake further down the line.

READ: Alba to get cracking in Greenland

The project comprises the Clogau gold mine as well as a “large number” of highly prospective gold targets and former gold workings, with a total option area of almost 107km2.

The wedding bands of the Queen Mother, Queen, Princess Margaret, Princess Royal and Princess Diana were made from the same nugget drawn from the Clogau mine.

Alba is paying £650,000 in shares to Victorian Gold – the ultimate parent company of GMOW – as well as a one-for-three warrant option.

As part of the deal, Victorian has agreed to effectively write off the £1mln of loans it made to GMOW.

“For the first time in many years, the Clogau Gold Project is moving to the majority ownership of one company,” said executive chairman George Frangeskides.

“This will allow us more readily to progress the plan for re-opening the Clogau Mine, as well as making a push into regional exploration of the extensive and under-explored Dolgellau Gold Belt.”

He added: “We will not be depleting the company's cash reserves with this proposed acquisition, and the shares that will be issued on completion will be subject to lock up and orderly marketing restrictions for a seven-month period.”

Shares fell 2% to 0.39p early on Monday.

Quick facts: Alba Mineral Resources plc

Price: 0.19 GBX

AIM:ALBA
Market: AIM
Market Cap: £6.7 m
Follow

Add related topics to MyProactive

Create your account: sign up and get ahead on news and events

NO INVESTMENT ADVICE

The Company is a publisher. You understand and agree that no content published on the Site constitutes a recommendation that any particular security, portfolio of securities, transaction, or investment strategy is...

In exchange for publishing services rendered by the Company on behalf of Alba Mineral Resources plc named herein, including the promotion by the Company of Alba Mineral Resources plc in any Content on the Site, the...

FOR OUR FULL DISCLAIMER CLICK HERE

Watch

Alba Mineral chairman looks forward to definitive Horse Hill flow test results

George Frangeskides talks about the study underway at Horse Hill, where first results today indicated good flows from the conventional Portland section.   Tests start soon on the keenly anticipated deeper Kimmeridge sections and Frangeskides is hopeful results will also be...

on 19/7/18

RNS

Horse Hill Update

3 days, 20 hours ago

Horse Hill Update

1 week, 1 day ago

Horse Hill Update

1 week, 3 days ago

Horse Hill Update

1 week, 4 days ago

Horse Hill Update

2 weeks, 5 days ago

Horse Hill Update

3 weeks, 4 days ago

Horse Hill Update

on 12/9/19

2 min read