logo-loader
EnergyOil & Gas
Senex Energy

Senex Energy discovers new oil horizon at South Australia oil field

au_oilbarrels350_528c3d189d5d2.jpg

Senex Energy’s (ASX: SXY) Burruna-3 appraisal has intersected a new oil horizon at its Burruna oil field in the Cooper Basin, South Australia.

The well had encountered about 3 metres of interpreted net pay in the previously untapped Lower Birkhead Formation with wireline logging underway to confirm the discovery.

Burruna-3 also confirmed the structural mapping of the Burruna oil field and intersected the Namur Formation that delivered flow rates of up to 3,600 barrels of oil per day at the Burruna-2 well and encountered good quality oil and gas shows in the Murta Formation.

The Murta Formation is productive in the adjacent Fury and Mirage fields.

Senex has a 80% interest in PEL 115 while Orca Energy (ASX: OGY) holds the remaining 20%.

 

Proactive Investors Australia is the market leader in producing news, articles and research reports on ASX “Small and Mid-cap” stocks with distribution in Australia, UK, North America and Hong Kong / China.

Quick facts: Senex Energy

Price: $0.40

Market: ASX
Market Cap: $575.15 m
Follow

Add related topics to MyProactive

Create your account: sign up and get ahead on news and events

NO INVESTMENT ADVICE

The Company is a publisher. You understand and agree that no content published on the Site constitutes a recommendation that any particular security, portfolio of securities, transaction, or investment strategy is...

FOR OUR FULL DISCLAIMER CLICK HERE

Watch

Full interview: Northern Minerals reveals talks with US government agencies,...

Northern Minerals Ltd (ASX:NTU) CEO George Bauk tells Proactive he recently met US government agencies, who he says wanted to get a better sense of the Australian company's progress with its dysprosium production, and its strategy going forward. Bauk is currently in New York meeting with...

11 hours, 30 minutes ago

2 min read