Touchstone Explrtn. - PRIVATE PLACEMENT RAISING A MINIMUM US$9.1 MILLION
THIS ANNOUNCEMENT AND THE INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN IS RESTRICTED AND IS NOT FOR RELEASE, PUBLICATION OR DISTRIBUTION, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN OR INTO
THIS ANNOUNCEMENT IS FOR INFORMATION PURPOSES ONLY AND SHALL NOT CONSTITUTE AN OFFER TO SELL OR ISSUE OR THE SOLICITATION OF AN OFFER TO BUY, SUBSCRIBE FOR OR OTHERWISE ACQUIRE ANY NEW COMMON SHARES OF TOUCHSTONE EXPLORATION INC. IN ANY JURISDICTION IN WHICH ANY SUCH OFFER OR SOLICITATION WOULD BE UNLAWFUL.
THIS ANNOUNCEMENT CONTAINS INSIDE INFORMATION FOR THE PURPOSES OF ARTICLE 7 OF THE MARKET ABUSE REGULATION (EU) 596/2014. IN ADDITION, MARKET SOUNDINGS WERE TAKEN IN RESPECT OF THE MATTERS CONTAINED IN THIS ANNOUNCEMENT, WITH THE RESULT THAT CERTAIN PERSONS BECAME AWARE OF SUCH INSIDE INFORMATION. UPON THE PUBLICATION OF THIS ANNOUNCEMENT, THIS INSIDE INFORMATION IS NOW CONSIDERED TO BE IN THE PUBLIC DOMAIN AND SUCH PERSONS SHALL THEREFORE CEASE TO BE IN POSSESSION OF INSIDE INFORMATION.
PROPOSED PRIVATE PLACEMENT RAISING A MINIMUM
TO ACCELERATE ORTOIRE EXPLORATION PROGRAM
Background to the Placing and Use of Proceeds
The Company commenced its exploration program on the Ortoire block, onshore in the
On the basis of the successful results from the first two Ortoire exploration wells, the Company is launching the Placing in order to support the drilling of a further Ortoire exploration well at the Chinook prospect, which is targeting a separate structure along the same geological trend. The net proceeds of the Placing are also expected to be used to complete the second stage of the Cascadura-1ST1 production test and provide additional working capital for the Company while it progresses the Ortoire exploration program. Subject to the result of the Placing, operational cashflows from ongoing production and prevailing commodity pricing, the Company intends to undertake drilling of the fourth exploration well at the
Details of the Placing
The Placing is being completed within the Company's existing share issuance authorities.
The Placing Shares will, when issued, be credited as fully paid and will rank pari passu in all respects with Touchstone's existing issued common shares of no par value each ("Common Shares"). Details of the final number of Placing Shares and the Placing Price will be announced as soon as practicable after the closing of the Bookbuild.
Application will be made for the Placing Shares to be admitted to trading on the
All Placing Shares will be freely transferable outside of
This announcement should be read in its entirety. In particular, you should read and understand the information provided in the "Important Notice" section of this announcement.
For further information about Touchstone, please visit our website at www.touchstoneexploration.com or contact:
Shore Capital (Nominated Advisor and Broker)
Camarco (Financial PR)
For reference purposes in this announcement,
Certain information provided in this announcement may constitute forward-looking statements within the meaning of applicable securities laws. Forward-looking statements in this announcement include, but are not limited to, those in respect of the anticipated size, pricing and closing date of the Placing; the satisfaction of all required conditions and approvals (including approvals from the TSX and AIM) for completion of the Placing; the Company's intended use of the net proceeds of the Placing, including the potential undertaking, timing, number, locations and costs of future exploration and development well drilling and well recompletions; and the sufficiency of resources and available financing to fund future exploration and development well drilling and well recompletion operations. Although the Company believes that the expectations and assumptions on which the forward-looking statements are based are reasonable, undue reliance should not be placed on the forward-looking statements because the Company can give no assurance that they will prove to be correct. Since forward-looking statements address future events and conditions, by their very nature they involve inherent risks and uncertainties. Actual results could differ materially from those currently anticipated due to a number of factors and risks. Certain of these risks are set out in more detail in the Company's
No prospectus, offering document or admission document will be made available in connection with the matters contained in this announcement.
In any EEA Member State that has implemented the Prospectus Regulation (EU) 2017/1129 (the "Prospectus Regulation"), as amended, and the United Kingdom (together with any implementing measures in any Member State and the United Kingdom), this announcement is only addressed to and directed at persons in such member states and the United Kingdom who are qualified investors within the meaning of Article 2(e) of the Prospectus Regulation ("
This announcement, including the terms and conditions set out in the Appendix, must not be acted on or relied on by persons who are not Relevant Persons. Persons distributing this announcement must satisfy themselves that it is lawful to do so. Any investment or investment activity to which this announcement relates is available only to Relevant Persons and will be engaged in only with Relevant Persons. This announcement does not itself constitute an offer for sale or subscription of any securities in the Company. Persons distributing this announcement must satisfy themselves that is lawful to do so. This announcement is for information only and does not constitute an offer to sell, or a solicitation of an offer to buy or otherwise acquire, any securities in any jurisdiction. Persons needing advice should consult an independent financial adviser.
Persons (including, without limitation, nominees and trustees) who have a contractual or other legal obligation to forward a copy of this announcement should seek appropriate advice before taking any action.
Neither this announcement nor any copy of it may be taken or transmitted, published or distributed, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, in, into or from the United States of America (including its territories and possessions, any state of the United States of America (the "United States" or the "US")), Australia, Japan or the Republic of South Africa or transmitted, distributed to, or sent by, any national or resident or citizen of any such countries or any other jurisdiction where to do so would constitute a violation of the relevant securities laws of such jurisdiction (each a "Restricted Jurisdiction"). Any failure to comply with this restriction may constitute a violation of United States, Australian Japanese or South African securities laws.
This announcement is not being distributed by, nor has it been approved for the purposes of section 21 of the
Persons (including without limitation, nominees and trustees) who have a contractual right or other legal obligations to forward a copy of this announcement should seek appropriate advice before taking any action.
This announcement does not constitute, or form part of, any offer or invitation to sell or issue, or any solicitation of any offer to purchase or subscribe for any shares or other securities in any Restricted Jurisdiction. The Placing and the distribution of this announcement and other information in connection with the Placing in certain jurisdictions may be restricted by law and persons into whose possession this announcement and any document or other information referred to herein comes should inform themselves about and observe any such restrictions. Any failure to comply with these restrictions may constitute a violation of the securities laws of any such jurisdiction.
No action has been taken by the Company,
The Placing Shares referred to in this announcement have not been and will not be registered under the United States Securities Act of 1933, as amended (the "US Securities Act") or under the securities laws of any state or other jurisdiction of the United States, and may not be offered, sold or transferred within the United States except pursuant to an exemption from, or in a transaction not subject to, the registration requirements of the US Securities Act. The Placing Shares have not been and will not be approved or disapproved by the
The information contained in this announcement is for background purposes only and does not purport to be full or complete.
No reliance may or should be placed for any purposes whatsoever on the information contained in this announcement or its accuracy, completeness or fairness. The information in this announcement is subject to change. The Company does not undertake to provide the recipient of this announcement with any additional information, or to update this announcement or to correct any inaccuracies, and the distribution of this announcement shall not be deemed to be any form of commitment on the part of the Company to proceed with the Placing or any transaction or arrangement referred to in this announcement.
Any indication in this announcement of the price at which the Common Shares have been bought or sold in the past cannot be relied upon as a guide to future performance. Persons needing advice should consult an independent financial adviser. No statement in this announcement is intended to be a profit forecast and no statement in this announcement should be interpreted to mean that earnings per share of the Company for the current or future financial years would necessarily match or exceed the historical published earnings per share of the Company.
This announcement has not been approved by any competent regulatory authority.
No representation or warranty, express or implied, is or will be made as to, or in relation to, and no responsibility or liability is or will be accepted by
By participating in the Bookbuilding and the Placing, each person who is invited to and who chooses to participate in the Placing (each a "Placee") by making an oral and legally binding offer to acquire Placing Shares will be deemed to have read and understood this announcement in its entirety, to be participating, making an offer and acquiring Placing Shares on the terms and conditions contained in the Appendix to this announcement and to be providing the representations, warranties, indemnities, acknowledgements and undertakings contained in the Appendix to this announcement.
This announcement does not constitute a recommendation concerning any investor's options with respect to the Placing. The price of shares and any income expected from them may go down as well as up and investors may not get back the full amount invested upon disposal of the shares. Past performance is no guide to future performance. The contents of this announcement are not to be construed as legal, business, financial or tax advice. Each investor or prospective investor should consult his, her or its own legal adviser, business adviser, financial adviser or tax adviser for legal, financial, business or tax advice.
Neither the content of the Company's website nor any website accessible by hyperlinks on the Company's website is incorporated in, or forms part of, this announcement.
This announcement contains inside information for the purposes of Article 7 of EU Regulation 596/2014 ("MAR"). Upon publication of this announcement, the inside information is now considered to be in the public domain for the purposes of MAR. The person responsible for arranging release of this information on behalf of the Company is Paul Baay.
Information to Distributors
Solely for the purposes of Article 9(8) of Commission Delegated Directive 2017/593 (the "Delegated Directive") regarding the responsibilities of manufacturers under the product governance requirements contained within: (a) EU Directive 2014/65/EU on markets in financial instruments, as amended ("MiFID II"); (b) Articles 9 and 10 of Commission Delegated Directive (EU) 2017/593 supplementing MiFID II; and (c) local implementing measures (together, the "MiFID II Product Governance Requirements"), and disclaiming all and any liability, whether arising in tort, contract or otherwise, which any "manufacturer" (for the purposes of the MiFID II Product Governance Requirements) may otherwise have with respect thereto, the Placing Shares have been subject to a product approval process, which has determined that such Placing Shares are: (i) compatible with the target market for the Placing of retail investors and investors who meet the criteria of professional clients and eligible counterparties, each as defined in MiFID II; and (ii) eligible for distribution through all eligible distribution channels for dissemination of the Placing Shares, each as set out in this announcement, as are permitted by MiFID II (the "Target Market Assessment"). Notwithstanding the Target Market Assessment, distributors should note that: the price of the Placing Shares may decline and investors could lose all or part of their investment; the Placing Shares offer no guaranteed income and no capital protection; and an investment in the Placing Shares is compatible only with investors who do not need a guaranteed income or capital protection, who (either alone or in conjunction with an appropriate financial or other adviser) are capable of evaluating the merits and risks of such an investment and who have sufficient resources to be able to bear any losses that may result therefrom. The Target Market Assessment is without prejudice to the requirements of any contractual, legal or regulatory selling restrictions in relation to the Placing. Furthermore, it is noted that, notwithstanding the Target Market Assessment,
For the avoidance of doubt, the Target Market Assessment does not constitute: (a) an assessment of suitability or appropriateness for the purposes of MiFID II; or (b) a recommendation to any investor or group of investors to invest in, or purchase, or take any other action whatsoever with respect to the Placing Shares.
Each distributor is responsible for undertaking its own target market assessment in respect of the Placing Shares and determining appropriate distribution channels.
APPENDIX - TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE PLACING
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR PLACEES ONLY
THIS ANNOUNCEMENT, INCLUDING THIS APPENDIX (TOGETHER, THE "ANNOUNCEMENT"), AND THE INFORMATION IN IT IS RESTRICTED AND IS NOT FOR PUBLICATION, RELEASE OR DISTRIBUTION, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, IN OR INTO OR FROM THE UNITED STATES, AUSTRALIA, JAPAN, THE REPUBLIC OF SOUTH AFRICA OR ANY OTHER JURISDICTION IN WHICH SUCH PUBLICATION OR DISTRIBUTION WOULD BE UNLAWFUL (EACH A "RESTRICTED JURISDICTION").
MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO TAKE PART IN THE PLACING AND NO PUBLIC OFFERING OF SECURITIES WILL BE MADE. THIS ANNOUNCEMENT IS DIRECTED ONLY AT PERSONS WHO ARE: (A) PERSONS IN MEMBER STATES OF THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA AND THE UNITED KINGDOM WHO ARE "QUALIFIED INVESTORS" AS DEFINED IN ARTICLE 2(E) OF REGULATION (EU) 2017/1129 (TOGETHER WITH ANY RELEVANT IMPLEMENTING MEASURE IN ANY MEMBER STATE AND THE UNITED KINGDOM, THE "PROSPECTUS REGULATION"); and (B) IF IN THE UNITED KINGDOM, PERSONS WHO (I) HAVE PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE IN MATTERS RELATING TO INVESTMENTS WHO FALL WITHIN THE DEFINITION OF "INVESTMENT PROFESSIONALS" IN ARTICLE 19(5) OF THE FINANCIAL SERVICES AND MARKETS ACT 2000 (FINANCIAL PROMOTION) ORDER 2005 AS AMENDED (THE "ORDER") OR (II) FALL WITHIN THE DEFINITION OF "HIGH NET WORTH COMPANIES, UNINCORPORATED ASSOCIATIONS ETC" IN ARTICLE 49(2)(A) TO (D) OF THE ORDER OR (III) ARE OTHERWISE PERSONS TO WHOM IT MAY OTHERWISE LAWFULLY BE COMMUNICATED (ALL SUCH PERSONS TOGETHER BEING REFERRED TO AS "RELEVANT PERSONS"). THIS ANNOUNCEMENT MUST NOT BE ACTED ON OR RELIED ON BY PERSONS WHO ARE NOT RELEVANT PERSONS. DISTRIBUTION OF THIS ANNOUNCEMENT IN CERTAIN JURISDICTIONS MAY BE RESTRICTED OR PROHIBITED BY LAW. PERSONS DISTRIBUTING THIS ANNOUNCEMENT MUST SATISFY THEMSELVES THAT IT IS LAWFUL TO DO SO.
This Announcement does not constitute or form part of any offer to sell, or any solicitation of an offer to buy, securities in the United States. The Placing Shares have not been and will not be registered under the U.S Securities Act of 1933, as amended (the "US Securities Act"), or under the securities laws of any state or other jurisdiction of the United States and may not be offered, sold, resold or delivered, directly or indirectly, in or into the United States absent registration except pursuant to an exemption from or in a transaction not subject to the registration requirements of the US Securities Act. No public offering of the Placing Shares is being made in the United States. The Placing Shares are being offered and sold outside the United States in offshore transactions, as defined in, and in compliance with, Regulation S under the US Securities Act. Persons receiving this Announcement (including custodians, nominees and trustees) must not forward, distribute, mail or otherwise transmit it in or into the United States or use the United States mails, directly or indirectly, in connection with the Placing.
This Announcement does not constitute an offer to sell or issue or a solicitation of an offer to buy or subscribe for Placing Shares in any jurisdiction including, without limitation, the Restricted Jurisdictions or any other jurisdiction in which such offer or solicitation is or may be unlawful. This Announcement and the information contained in it is not for publication or distribution, directly or indirectly, to persons in a Restricted Jurisdiction unless permitted pursuant to an exemption under the relevant local law or regulation in any such jurisdiction.
No prospectus has been lodged with or registered by the
By participating in the Placing, each person who is invited to and who chooses to participate in the Placing (a "Placee") by making or accepting an oral offer to subscribe for Placing Shares is deemed to have read and understood this Announcement in its entirety (including this Appendix) and to be providing the representations, warranties, undertakings, agreements and acknowledgements contained in this Appendix to the Company and
Persons (including, without limitation, nominees and trustees) who have a contractual or other legal obligation to forward a copy of this Appendix or this Announcement of which it forms part should seek appropriate advice before taking any action.
These terms and conditions apply to persons making an offer to acquire Placing Shares. Each Placee will be deemed to have read and understood this Announcement (including this Appendix) and hereby agrees with
Upon being notified of its allocation of Placing Shares, a Placee shall be contractually committed to acquire the number of Placing Shares allocated to it at the Placing Price and, to the fullest extent permitted by law, will be deemed to have agreed not to exercise any rights to rescind or terminate or otherwise withdraw from such commitment.
EACH PLACEE SHOULD CONSULT WITH ITS OWN ADVISERS AS TO THE LEGAL, REGULATORY, TAX, BUSINESS AND RELATED ASPECTS OF A SUBSCRIPTION OF PLACING SHARES. THE PRICE OF SHARES AND THE INCOME FROM THEM (IF ANY) MAY GO DOWN AS WELL AS UP AND INVESTORS MAY NOT GET BACK THE FULL AMOUNT INVESTED ON DISPOSAL OF SHARES.
Details of the Placing Agreement and the Placing Shares
The Company has today entered into a placing agreement (the "Placing Agreement") with
The Placing Shares will, when issued, be subject to the articles of incorporation of the Company, be credited as fully paid and will rank pari passu in all respects with each other and with the existing Common Shares in the Company, including the right to receive all dividends and other distributions declared, made or paid in respect of the Common Shares after the date of issue of the Placing Shares. The Placing Shares will be issued free of any encumbrance, lien, claim, charge, equity and third-party right.
Application for Admission
Application will be made to the TSX and the
Principal terms of the Placing
This Appendix gives details of the terms and conditions of, and the mechanics of participation in, the Placing.
Participation in, and principal terms of, the Placing are as follows:
2. Participation in the Placing will only be available to persons who may lawfully be, and are, invited by
3. To bid in the Bookbuild, Placees should communicate their bid by telephone to their usual sales contact at
4. The price per Placing Share (the "Placing Price") is a minimum price of
5. The Bookbuild closing time is at the discretion of
6. The final number of Placing Shares to be issued in the Placing will be determined following conclusion of the Bookbuild and will be communicated through a further announcement by or on behalf of the Company through a
7. The Company and
8. Each Placee's allocations of Placing Shares will be determined by
10. Each Placee's allocation and commitment to subscribe for Placing Shares will be made on the terms and subject to the conditions in this Appendix and will be legally binding on the Placee on behalf of which it is made and except with
11. Each Placee will have an immediate, separate, irrevocable and binding obligation, owed to
12. Except as required by law or regulation, no press release or other announcement will be made by
13. Irrespective of the time at which a Placee's allocation(s) pursuant to the Placing is/are confirmed, settlement for all Placing Shares to be acquired pursuant to the Placing will be required to be made at the same time, on the basis explained below under "Registration and settlement".
14. All obligations under the Placing will be subject to fulfilment of the conditions referred to below under "Conditions of the Placing" and to the Placing not being terminated on the basis referred to below under "Right to terminate under the Placing Agreement".
15. By participating in the Placing, each Placee agrees that its rights and obligations in respect of the Placing will terminate only in the circumstances described below and will not be capable of rescission or termination by the Placee.
16. To the fullest extent permissible by law and the applicable rules of the
Conditions of the Placing
The Placing is conditional upon the Placing Agreement becoming unconditional and not having been terminated in accordance with its terms.
The obligations of
1. the warranties on the part of the Company contained in the Placing Agreement being true and accurate on and as of the date of the Placing Agreement and on Admission;
2. the fulfilment by the Company in all material respects of its obligations under the Placing Agreement to the extent that such obligations fall to be performed prior to Admission;
3. the Company delivering, by no later than
4. receipt of the conditional acceptance of the
5. the obligations of
6. Admission occurring not later than
If (a) any of the conditions contained in the Placing Agreement, including those described above, are not fulfilled (or to the extent permitted under the Placing Agreement, waived by
By participating in the Placing, each Placee agrees that its rights and obligations hereunder terminate only in the circumstances described below under "Right to terminate under the Placing Agreement" and will not be capable of rescission or termination by the Placee.
No commissions will be paid to Placees or by Placees in respect of any Placing Shares.
Right to terminate under the Placing Agreement
1. any of the warranties in the Placing Agreement was untrue, inaccurate or misleading, in each case, when given on the date of the Placing Agreement and/or that any of the warranties has ceased or is likely at Admission to be untrue, inaccurate or misleading;
2. any statement contained in this Announcement, or certain of the other documents delivered in relation to the Placing, is or has become untrue, incorrect or misleading in each case in any material respect;
3. the Company has failed in any material respect to comply with its obligations under the Placing Agreement, MAR, FSMA, the AIM Rules, or the AIM Mining, Oil & Gas Companies Note in respect of the Placing or Admission and which is material in the context of the Placing and/or Admission;
4. a material adverse change in the financial position or prospects of the Group (taken as a whole) has occurred or appears likely to occur; or
5. any one of a number of force majeure events specified in the Placing Agreement occurs,
and such events would in the reasonable opinion of
By participating in the Placing, each Placee agrees with
No Admission Document or Prospectus
The Placing Shares are being offered to a limited number of specifically invited persons only and have not been nor will be offered in such a way as to require the publication of an admission document or prospectus in the United Kingdom or any equivalent document in any other jurisdiction. No offering document, admission document or prospectus has been or will be submitted to be approved by the
By participating in the Placing, each Placee acknowledges to and agrees with
Registration and settlement
Settlement of transactions in the Placing Shares (ISIN: CA89156L1085) following Admission will take place within the system administered by Euroclear UK & Ireland ("CREST"), subject to certain exceptions.
In order to enable investors to settle their securities through CREST, Touchstone has appointed
The Depositary Interests will be independent English securities and will be held on a register maintained by the Depositary. The Depositary Interests will have the same security code and ISIN number as the underlying Common Shares which they represent and will not require a separate admission to AIM.
Each Placee allocated Placing Shares in the Placing will be sent a trade confirmation stating the number of Placing Shares allocated to it, the Placing Price, the aggregate amount owed by such Placee to
Interest is chargeable daily on payments not received from Placees on the due date in accordance with the arrangements set out above at the rate of two percentage points above the base rate of
Each Placee is deemed to agree that if it does not comply with these obligations: (i) the Company may release itself (if it decides in its absolute discretion to do so) and will be released from all obligations it may have to issue any such Placing Shares to such Placee or at its direction which are then unissued; (ii) the Company may exercise all rights of lien, forfeiture and set-off over and in respect of any such Placing Shares to the fullest extent permitted under its articles of incorporation or otherwise by law and to the extent that such Placee then has any interest in or rights in respect of any such Placing Shares; (iii) the Company or
If Placing Shares are to be delivered to a custodian or settlement agent, the Placee should ensure that the trade confirmation is copied and delivered immediately to the relevant person within that organisation.
Insofar as Placing Shares are registered in the Placee's name or that of its nominee or in the name of any person for whom the Placee is contracting as agent or that of a nominee for such person, such Placing Shares will, subject as provided below, be so registered free from any liability to stamp duty or stamp duty reserve tax. If there are any circumstances in which any other stamp duty or stamp duty reserve tax is payable in respect of the issue of the Placing Shares, neither
The certificates representing the Placing Shares or the ownership statement issued under a direct registration system or other electronic book-entry system shall bear a restrictive legend in the following form (and with the necessary information inserted) in accordance with applicable Canadian securities laws and the policies of the TSX indicating that the resale of such securities is restricted:
"UNLESS PERMITTED UNDER SECURITIES LEGISLATION, THE HOLDER OF THIS SECURITY MUST NOT TRADE THE SECURITY IN THE PROVINCE OF ALBERTA BEFORE
"The securities represented by this certificate are listed on the
Representations and warranties
By participating in the Placing, each Placee (and any person acting on such Placee's behalf):
1. represents and warrants that it has read and understood this Announcement in its entirety (including this Appendix) and acknowledges that its participation in the Placing will be governed by the terms, conditions, representations, warranties, acknowledgements, agreements and undertakings as referred to and included in this Announcement (including this Appendix) and undertakes not to redistribute or duplicate this Announcement;
2. acknowledges that no prospectus, admission document or offering document has been or will be prepared in connection with the Placing and that it has not received and will not receive a prospectus, admission document or other offering document in connection with the Placing or the Placing Shares;
3. agrees to indemnify on an after-tax basis and hold harmless each of the Company,
4. acknowledges that the Placing Shares will be admitted to trading on AIM, and the Company is therefore required to publish certain business and financial information in accordance with the AIM Rules for Companies, which includes a description of the nature of the Company's business and the Company's most recent balance sheet and profit and loss account and the Company's announcements and circulars published in the past 12 months and the Company's admission document (collectively, the "Exchange Information"), and that it is able to obtain or access such information without undue difficulty and has read and understood the Exchange Information;
5. acknowledges that its obligations are irrevocable and legally binding and shall not be capable of rescission or termination by it in any circumstances;
6. agrees that it has no rights against
7. acknowledges that neither
8. acknowledges that the content of this Announcement is exclusively the responsibility of the Company and that neither
9. represents, warrants and agrees that the only information on which it is entitled to rely and on which such Placee has relied in committing to subscribe for the Placing Shares is the information contained in this Announcement and any Exchange Information and any Publicly Available Information (save that in the case of Exchange Information and Publicly Available Information, a Placee's right to rely on that information is limited to the right that such Placee would have as a matter of law in the absence of this paragraph), such information being all that it deems necessary to make an investment decision in respect of the Placing Shares and that it has made its own assessment of, and has not relied on any other information given, or representation or statement made at any time, by any person concerning the Company, the Placing Shares or the Placing. It agrees that neither the Company nor
10. acknowledges that it is not relying on any investigation that
11. represents and warrants that it has knowledge and experience in financial, business and international investment matters as is required to evaluate the merits and risks of subscribing for the Placing Shares. It further represents and warrants that it is experienced in investing in securities of this nature and is aware that it may be required to bear, and is able to bear, the economic risk of, and is able to sustain, a complete loss in connection with the Placing. It also represents and warrants that it has had sufficient time to consider and has conducted its own investigation with respect to the offer and subscription for the Placing Shares, including the tax, legal and other economic considerations and has relied upon its own examination and due diligence of the Company and its affiliates taken as a whole, and the terms of the Placing, including the merits and risks involved;
12. represents and warrants that it has neither received nor relied on any confidential price sensitive information concerning the Company in making its investment decision to participate in the Placing and is not purchasing the Placing Shares on the basis of material non-public information or inside information (as defined under the Market Abuse Regulation (EU 596/2014) ("MAR");
13. agrees that these terms and conditions represent the whole and only agreement between it,
14. represents and warrants that (i) it is entitled to acquire the Placing Shares under the laws and regulations of all relevant jurisdictions which apply to it; (ii) it has fully observed such laws and regulations and obtained all such governmental and other guarantees and other consents and authorities which may be required thereunder and complied with all necessary formalities; (iii) it has all necessary capacity and authority, and is entitled, to commit to participation in the Placing and to perform its obligations in relation thereto and will honour such obligations, and to make the representations and agreements contained on this Appendix; (iv) it has paid any issue, transfer or other taxes due in connection with its participation in the Placing in any territory; and (v) it has not taken any action which will or may result in the Company,
15. represents and warrants that it understands that: (i) the Placing Shares have not been and will not be registered under the US Securities Act or with any state or other jurisdiction of the United States, nor approved or disapproved by the
16. represents and warrants that its acquisition of the Placing Shares has been or will be made in an "offshore transaction" as defined in and pursuant to Regulation S under the US Securities Act;
17. represents and warrants that it will not offer or sell, directly or indirectly, any of the Placing Shares in the United States except in accordance with Regulation S or pursuant to an exemption from, or in a transaction not subject to, the registration requirements of the US Securities Act;
18. represents and warrants that it will observe the resale restrictions set out in further detail in the section entitled 'Resale Restrictions' above in this Appendix;
19. represents and warrants that it is subscribing for the Placing Shares for investment purposes, and not with a view to offer, resell, or distribute within the meaning of US securities law;
20. represents and warrants that it understands that the Company is relying on an exemption from the requirements to provide it with a prospectus and to sell the Placing Shares through a person or company registered to sell securities under the Securities Act, RSA 2000. C S-4 (the "Alberta Securities Act") and, as a consequence of acquiring Placing Shares pursuant to this exemption, certain protections, rights and remedies provided under the Alberta Securities Act, including statutory rights of rescission or damages, will not be available to it;
21. represents and warrants that, if it is a financial intermediary, as that term is used in Article 5(2) of the Prospectus Regulation, the Placing Shares purchased by it in the Placing will not be acquired on a non-discretionary basis on behalf of, nor will they be acquired with a view to their offer or resale to, persons in a member state of the European Economic Area and the United Kingdom, other than to "qualified investors" as defined in Article 2(e) of the Prospectus Regulation, or in circumstances in which the prior consent of
22. represents and warrants that it has not offered or sold and will not offer or sell any Placing Shares to the public in the United Kingdom or any member state of the European Economic Area except in circumstances falling within Article 1(4) of the Prospectus Regulation which do not result in any requirement for the publication of a prospectus pursuant to Article 3 of the Prospectus Regulation;
23. represents and warrants that it has only communicated or caused to be communicated and will only communicate or cause to be communicated any invitation or inducement to engage in investment activity (within the meaning of section 21 of FSMA) relating to the Placing Shares in circumstances in which it is permitted to do so pursuant to section 21 of FSMA and it acknowledges and agrees that this Announcement has not been approved by
24. represents and warrants that it is aware of and has complied and will comply with all applicable provisions of FSMA with respect to anything done by it in relation to the Placing Shares in, from, or otherwise involving the United Kingdom;
25. represents and warrants that it is aware of and has complied with its obligations in connection with money laundering and terrorist financing under the Criminal Justice Act 1993, MAR, the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 (as amended), the Terrorism Act 2000, the Terrorism Act 2006, the Anti-terrorism Crime and Security Act 2001, the Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Transfer of Funds (Information on the Payer) Regulations 2017 (as amended) and related or similar rules, regulations or guidelines, issued, administered or enforced by any government agency having jurisdiction in respect thereof (the "Regulations") and the Money Laundering Sourcebook of the FCA and, if it is making payment on behalf of a third party, that satisfactory evidence has been obtained and recorded by it to verify the identity of the third party as required by the Regulations;
26. if in the United Kingdom, represents and warrants that it is a person falling within (a) Article 19(5) of the Order or (b) a person falling within Article 49(2)(a) to (d) of the Order and undertakes that it will acquire, hold, manage and dispose of any Placing Shares that are allocated to it for the purposes of its business;
27. if in the United Kingdom, represents and warrants that it is a qualified investor as defined in Article 2(e) of the Prospectus Regulation, acting as principal or in circumstances to which section 86(2) of FSMA applies;
28. represents and warrants that its participation in the Placing is not being made pursuant to an agreement or understanding (whether formal or informal) with another person or persons or to obtain or consolidate control of the Company (as further defined in the City Code on Takeovers and Mergers);
29. undertakes that it (and any person acting on its behalf) will pay for the Placing Shares acquired by it in accordance with this Announcement on the due time and date set out in this Announcement or any trade confirmation issued pursuant to this Announcement against delivery of such Placing Shares to it, failing which the relevant Placing Shares may be placed with other Placees or sold as either
30. if it has received any confidential price sensitive information about the Company in advance of the Placing (including inside information as defined under MAR), it warrants that it has received such information within the marketing soundings regime provided for in article 11 of MAR and associated delegated regulations and has not: (a) dealt in the securities of the Company; (b) encouraged or required another person to deal in the securities of the Company; or (c) disclosed such information to any person, prior to the information being made publicly available;
31. acknowledges that neither
32. undertakes that (i) the person whom it specifies for registration as holder of the Placing Shares will be (a) the Placee or (b) the Placee's nominee, as the case may be, (ii) neither
33. acknowledges that any agreements entered into by it pursuant to these terms and conditions, and any non-contractual obligations arising out of or in connection with such agreements, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and it submits (on behalf of itself and on behalf of any person on whose behalf it is acting) to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales as regards any claim, dispute or matter arising out of any such contract;
34. acknowledges that it irrevocably appoints any director of
35. represents and warrants that (unless otherwise agreed with
36. represents and warrants that any person who confirms to
37. acknowledges that the agreement to settle each Placee's allocation of Placing Shares (and/or the allocation of a person for whom it is contracting as agent) free of stamp duty and stamp duty reserve tax depends on the settlement relating only to an acquisition by it and/or such person direct from the Company of the Placing Shares in question. Such agreement assumes that the Placing Shares are not being acquired in connection with arrangements to issue depositary receipts or to issue or transfer the Placing Shares into a clearance service. If there were any such arrangements, or the settlement related to other dealing in the Placing Shares, stamp duty or stamp duty reserve tax may be payable, for which neither the Company nor
38. represents and warrants that it, or the person specified by it for registration as a holder of the Placing Shares, will be liable for any stamp duty and all other stamp, issue, securities, transfer, registration, documentary or other duties or taxes (including any interest, fines or penalties relating thereto), if any, payable on acquisition of any of the Placing Shares or the agreement to subscribe for the Placing Shares and acknowledges and agrees that none of
39. represents and warrants that it will not make any offer to the public of those Placing Shares to be subscribed for and/or purchased by it for the purposes of the Prospectus Regulation Rules made by the FCA pursuant to Prospectus Regulation Rules Instrument 2019 (FCA 2019/80);
40. represents and warrants it will not distribute any document relating to the Placing Shares and it will be acquiring the Placing Shares for its own account as principal or for a discretionary account or accounts (as to which it has the authority to make the statements set out herein) for investment purposes only and it does not have any contract, understanding or arrangement with any person to sell, pledge, transfer or grant a participation therein to such person or any third person with respect of any Placing Shares; save that if it is a private client stockbroker or fund manager it confirms that in purchasing the Placing Shares it is acting under the terms of one or more discretionary mandates granted to it by private clients and it is not acting on an execution only basis or under specific instructions to purchase the Placing Shares for the account of any third party;
41. acknowledges that the Placing Shares will be issued subject to the terms and conditions set out in this Announcement (including this Appendix);
42. acknowledges that when a Placee or any person acting on behalf of the Placee is dealing with
43. acknowledges and understands that the Company,
44. acknowledges that no prospectus, admission document or other offering document has been or will be prepared in connection with the Placing and it has not received and will not receive a prospectus, admission document or other offering document in connection with the Placing or the Placing Shares;
45. acknowledges that time is of the essence as regard its obligations in respect of its participation in the Placing under these terms and conditions;
46. acknowledges that the basis of allocation will be determined by
47. irrevocably authorises the Company and
48. acknowledges that its commitment to subscribe for Placing Shares on the terms set out in this Announcement will continue notwithstanding any amendment that may in future be made to the terms of the Placing and that Placees will have no right to be consulted or require that their consent be obtained with respect to the Company's conduct of the Placing.
The acknowledgements, agreements, undertakings, representations and warranties referred to above are given to each of the Company and
No claim shall be made against the Company,
No UK stamp duty or stamp duty reserve tax should be payable to the extent that the Placing Shares are issued or transferred (as the case may be) into CREST to, or to the nominee of, a Placee who holds those shares beneficially (and not as agent or nominee for any other person) within the CREST system and registered in the name of such Placee or such Placee's nominee.
Any arrangements to issue or transfer the Placing Shares into a depositary receipts system or a clearance service or to hold the Placing Shares as agent or nominee of a person to whom a depositary receipt may be issued or who will hold the Placing Shares in a clearance service, or any arrangements subsequently to transfer the Placing Shares, may give rise to stamp duty and/or stamp duty reserve tax, for which neither the Company nor
In addition, Placees should note that they will be liable for any capital duty, stamp duty and all other stamp, issue, securities, transfer, registration, documentary or other duties or taxes (including any interest, fines or penalties relating thereto) payable outside the UK by them or any other person on the acquisition by them of any Placing Shares or the agreement by them to acquire any Placing Shares.
All times and dates in this Announcement may be subject to amendment.
This Announcement has been issued by the Company and is the sole responsibility of the Company. Each Placee, and any person acting on behalf of the Placee, acknowledges that
The rights and remedies of
Each Placee may be asked to disclose in writing or orally to
(a) if he is an individual, his nationality; or
(b) if he is a discretionary fund manager, the jurisdiction in which the funds are managed or owned.
This information is provided by RNS, the news service of the London Stock Exchange. RNS is approved by the Financial Conduct Authority to act as a Primary Information Provider in the United Kingdom. Terms and conditions relating to the use and distribution of this information may apply. For further information, please contact [email protected] or visit www.rns.com.
Quick facts: Touchstone Exploration Inc
Market Cap: £54.96 m
NO INVESTMENT ADVICE
The Company is a publisher. You understand and agree that no content published on the Site constitutes a recommendation that any particular security, portfolio of securities, transaction, or investment strategy is...FOR OUR FULL DISCLAIMER CLICK HERE