Sunrise Resources - CS Project- Update
SUCCESSFUL MINERAL PROCESSING & PERLITE EXPANSION TRIALS
· Company is progressing a low capital cost concept to produce a horticultural grade raw perlite and by-product finely crushed natural pozzolan using mobile processing equipment.
· Work completed with equipment suppliers to trial mobile primary and secondary crushers and high frequency screens to prove the concept.
· 7-ton bulk sample of perlite processed to produce a horticultural grade raw perlite and a finely crushed perlite for sale as natural pozzolan.
· Horticultural grade raw perlite product expanded successfully in customer's commercial scale plant.
· Process flowsheet now being optimised.
· Larger trial planned for 100-ton bulk sample already collected to produce larger amounts of horticultural grade perlite for supply to a wider range of potential customers.
· Horticultural grade raw perlite is a higher price perlite product and typically sells for around
Commenting today Sunrise Executive Chairman
This announcement contains inside information for the purposes of Article 7 of EU Regulation 596/2014.
| || |
Tel: +44 (0)1625 838 884
Nominated Adviser and Broker
Tel: +44 (0)207 628 3396
The Company's strategy is to develop the
The Company's concept is to sell run-of mine-natural pozzolan where possible and to produce a coarse horticultural grade raw perlite and a by-product finely crushed perlite for sale as natural pozzolan using mobile plant of the type typically used in the quarry industry to produce rock sand.
The Company is working to prove this concept and in
The primary crushed product was then sent to a second quarry equipment supplier in
The primary objective of this work - funded by the equipment suppliers - was to provide operating data for refinement of the process flowsheet and information on operating cost parameters.
Whilst not the primary objective, the test work produced enough horticultural grade raw perlite to justify a second commercial expansion test.
The results of the first commercial expansion test at a customer facility were reported on 30th October last year and that test used a finer sized horticultural grade raw perlite produced for the Company under laboratory conditions.
The new material was sent to a second potential customer and was successfully expanded in a commercial sized furnace.
Following these successful plant trials, the Company is now working with its equipment suppliers to assemble an integrated crushing and screening plant close to the project in order to process the 100-ton sample of perlite that was extracted earlier this year. This pilot scale work will allow for additional tonnages of horticultural grade raw perlite to be produced and sent to a wider range of customers.
Shares in the Company trade on AIM under the symbol "SRES" and on the NEX Exchange (Secondary Market).
This information is provided by RNS, the news service of the
Quick facts: Sunrise Resources PLC
Market Cap: £7.95 m
NO INVESTMENT ADVICE
The Company is a publisher. You understand and agree that no content published on the Site constitutes a recommendation that any particular security, portfolio of securities, transaction, or investment strategy is...FOR OUR FULL DISCLAIMER CLICK HERE