Halma PLC - Trading Statement
Halma today releases its scheduled trading update, for the period from
The Group has made good progress during the period, although given the COVID-19 outbreak in the fourth quarter now expects adjusted profit before tax for the year ending
The Group's financial position remains robust, with committed facilities totalling approximately
Order intake is currently ahead of revenue and ahead of the same period last year. We have continued to benefit in the period from the long-term growth drivers in our markets, the breadth of our portfolio and the resilience of our business model.
To date, the Group has delivered revenue growth in all four major regions and all sectors:
- The Environmental & Analysis sector delivered strong organic growth in the period, with Infrastructure Safety delivering a strong performance, driven by positive contributions from recent acquisitions and solid organic growth. The Medical sector delivered solid revenue growth, although profit growth was lower. Although Process Safety's performance in the second half was affected by weaker oil and gas markets, the sector is expected to deliver a satisfactory performance for the full year.
The currency translation effect on the Group's results in the second half of the year is expected to be broadly neutral, resulting in a positive impact for the year ending
This has been a strong year for M&A activity, with ten acquisitions completed across all four sectors, for a total initial consideration of
The Group's next scheduled update on trading will be the announcement of its results for the year ending
For further information, please contact:
| || |
| || |
Switchboard: +44 (0)1494 721111
| || |
| || |
Mobile: +44 (0)7776 685948
| || |
+44 (0)20 3128 8100
Halma is a global group of life-saving technology companies, focused on growing a safer, cleaner and healthier future for people worldwide. Our innovative products and solutions address many of the key issues facing the world today. We operate in four sectors: Process Safety, Infrastructure Safety, Medical and Environmental & Analysis. We employ over 6,000 people in more than 20 countries, with major operations in
1. Adjusted profit before tax is before amortisation and impairment of acquired intangible assets, acquisition items, restructuring costs and profit or loss on disposal of businesses.
2. The Board believes that current market forecasts for adjusted profit before tax for the year ending
3. Sterling has weakened in the financial year relative to many currencies, including the US Dollar and Euro and the currency translation impact on the Group's results for the financial year ending
4. We made seven acquisitions in the second half of the current financial year.
5. This Trading Update is based upon current management accounts information. Forward-looking statements have been made by the Directors in good faith using information available up until the date that they approved this statement. Forward-looking statements should be regarded with caution because of the inherent uncertainties in economic trends and business risks, including the effects of the current COVID-19 outbreak.
6. A copy of this announcement, together with other information about Halma, may be viewed on our website www.halma.com
This information is provided by RNS, the news service of the
Quick facts: Halma Plc
Market Cap: £8.85 billion
NO INVESTMENT ADVICE
The Company is a publisher. You understand and agree that no content published on the Site constitutes a recommendation that any particular security, portfolio of securities, transaction, or investment strategy is...FOR OUR FULL DISCLAIMER CLICK HERE