Halma PLC - Acquisition
Halma, the leading safety, health and environmental technology group, today announces two acquisitions for its Medical and Infrastructure Safety sectors respectively.
Halma has acquired
NovaBone's products are used to accelerate bone regeneration, primarily for orthopaedic and dental surgical procedures in the
The initial cash consideration for NovaBone is
NovaBone's revenue and Adjusted EBIT for the twelve months ended
Acquisition of FireMate Software Pty. Ltd.
Halma has acquired 70 per cent of FireMate Software Pty. Ltd. ("FireMate"), a
The cash consideration for 70 per cent of FireMate is payable in two tranches. An initial
FireMate's revenue and EBIT in the twelve months ended
FireMate will be part of the Group's Infrastructure Safety sector and will continue to be led by its current management team.
"These businesses are exciting additions to Halma, bringing new technologies and market niches to two of our sectors and are highly aligned to our purpose. Both businesses are well positioned to benefit from the range of Halma's strategic Growth Enablers and we look forward to working with their management teams to deliver further growth.
NovaBone extends our Medical sector's presence in surgical applications, adding a new niche within the orthopedics market, which is growing fast due to the ageing population and increasingly sedentary lifestyles causing joint problems. It has strong technology and knowhow within the fast-growing biologics segment, developing biomaterials that harnesses the body's natural healing process to accelerate bone growth.
FireMate's software solutions are highly complementary to those currently offered by our Infrastructure Safety sector's fire businesses and further strengthen our capabilities in connected and integrated fire systems internationally."
For further information, please contact:
| || |
| || |
Switchboard: +44 (0)1494 721111
| || |
| || |
Mobile: +44 (0)7776 685948
| || |
+44 (0)20 3128 8771
Halma is a global group of life-saving technology companies, focused on creating a safer, cleaner and healthier future for people worldwide. Our innovative products and solutions address many of the key issues facing the world today. We operate in four sectors: Process Safety, Infrastructure Safety, Environmental & Analysis and Medical. We employ over 6,000 people in 20 countries, with major operations in
1. The orthopaedic and dental bone graft markets are growing rapidly, driven by ageing populations and increasingly sedentary lifestyles. NovaBone's growth is further supported by an increase in spine fusion procedures and the greater use of synthetic bone grafts rather than traditional surgical methods which use cadavers or secondary bone graft sites. The global market for bone replacement products is valued at approximately
2. NovaBone's primary markets are the orthopaedic synthetic bone graft market, which accounts for approximately 90% of its revenue, and the dental market. Approximately 85% of revenue is generated in the
3. US Dollar (US$) values are translated throughout this announcement at a rate of
4. Australian Dollar (A$) values are translated throughout this announcement at a rate of
5. This statement is not intended to constitute a profit forecast for the current financial period or for any future period. In addition, this statement should not be taken to mean that the earnings per share of Halma will necessarily match or exceed the historic reported earnings per share of Halma.
6. For more information on Halma's Growth Enablers visit: https://www.halma.com/how-we-grow#page-intro-2
This information is provided by RNS, the news service of the
Quick facts: Halma
Market Cap: £7.31 billion
NO INVESTMENT ADVICE
The Company is a publisher. You understand and agree that no content published on the Site constitutes a recommendation that any particular security, portfolio of securities, transaction, or investment strategy is...FOR OUR FULL DISCLAIMER CLICK HERE