Bezant Resources PLC - EIA Baseline Study Completed, Mankayan Cu Project
("Bezant" or the "Company")
EIA Baseline Study Completed,
Bezant (AIM: BZT), the copper-gold exploration and development company, is pleased to announce that it has completed a key component of the Environmental Impact Assessment ("EIA") baseline study required for the successful future completion of a pre-feasibility study. The dry season water quality baseline study at the Company's Mankayan copper-gold project, located in Luzon in
The baseline water quality assessment comprised the following scope of work:
· Review of previous water quality baseline report and related documents
· Site reconnaissance, interview of personnel and documentation of the existing conditions of the 12 established sampling stations within and outside the MPSA area
· Surface and ground water quality sampling in the 12 abovementioned established stations
· Analytical testing (i.e. physico-chemical, microbiological and metals) of the collected surface and groundwater samples through a
· Analysis of in situ, physio-chemical, microbiological, and metal parameters based on laboratory results
· Preparation and submission of a report
A total of 12 sampling stations comprised of nine surface water and three groundwater-sampling stations were established for the baseline study. Water samples were analysed for physico-chemical (i.e. pH, total suspended solids, total dissolved solids, biological oxygen demand, chemical oxygen demand, oil and grease, nitrates and phosphates), microbiological (i.e. total coliform and faecal coliform) and metals (i.e. arsenic, cadmium, copper, chromium, lead, iron, mercury and zinc) parameters. The analytical results of the freshwater samples were compared to the prescribed criteria of the DENR Administrative Order No. 2016-08 (DAO 2016-08) Water Quality Guidelines (WQG) for Class A waters, while the analytical results for groundwater were compared to the Philippine National Standard for Drinking Water (PNSDW) 2017 values.
All baseline conditions for dry season water measurement have now been collected and processed within the independent
"Ensuring the correct environmental baseline studies are in place for a major copper-gold development project, especially in respect to water, is essential. The results of this independent study will be communicated to local and governmental stakeholders and form a key part of the pre-feasibility study programme to ensure that informed, sustainable decisions are made in the future potential construction, consultation and planning stages of Mankayan. Operating within an existing mining area our intention is to support the potential future development of an underground, modern mining operation where ongoing environmental monitoring is in place at all stages in the project's lifespan."
For further information, please contact:
Chief Executive Officer
or visit http://www.bezantresources.com
Tel: +44 (0)20 3289 9923
Tel: +44 (0)20 7409 3494
Tel: +44 (0)20 7399 9400
Qualified Person's Statement
In accordance with the AIM Note for Mining and Oil & Gas Companies,
The information contained within this announcement is deemed by the Company to constitute inside information as stipulated under the Market Abuse Regulation (EU) No. 596/2014.
Notes to Editors:
Fly-through videos for the Company's Mankayan copper-gold project located north of Manilla on Luzon island are hosted on "Youku" in both Standard Chinese and English.
The Chinese version can be accessed via the following link: https://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDIyNTAwNTc0OA==.html
The English version and can be accessed via the following link: https://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDIyNTM2MjA3Ng==.html
Mankayan has a copper-gold resource estimate completed by
5 year lead time to production: Under all four of the representative options selected for further analysis in the study, the time to initial production was approximately five years and the first five years of production are sequenced in order to deliver production from the higher grade areas of the deposit, in some cases demonstrating average grades achievable of up to 0.77% CuEq* during this initial period.
The three main representative options summarised below, taken from the 11 modelled scenarios, comprise two BC scenarios and one SLC 'stepping stone' scenario (the option numbers being those used in the study)
The two preferred BC scenarios
• Option 4: medium production rate with lower start-up costs than those associated with higher production rate models
• Option 8: lower start-up costs, coupled with a good overall project value maintained by ramping-up the production rate after the first footprint
SLC intermediary route
• Option 9: a more flexible/low start-up cost SLC method has been determined as an intermediary step towards full block caving scenarios, with start-up Capex of
* The NPV calculated is for comparative purposes only, as full financial analysis was not undertaken for the study. A mean copper price scenario of
This information is provided by RNS, the news service of the
Quick facts: Bezant Resources PLC
Market Cap: £761.85 k
NO INVESTMENT ADVICE
The Company is a publisher. You understand and agree that no content published on the Site constitutes a recommendation that any particular security, portfolio of securities, transaction, or investment strategy is...FOR OUR FULL DISCLAIMER CLICK HERE