Senex Energy (ASX: SXY) is an independent oil producer in the Cooper Basin with a large acreage position in the lucrative western flank. The company's key focus is on oil exploration and production, coal seam gas and unconventional gas exploration and appraisal.
Senex Energy (ASX:SXY) is moving to drill 2 additional appraisal wells at its Snatcher oil field in the Cooper Basin after making its Tigercat-2 exploration well was deemed to be non-commercial.
Tigercat-2 had intersected a thin sandstone reservoir with net oil pay of 1.6 metres and failed to recover any oil during drill stem testing.
Tigercat-2 is located in PEL 104 about 6.5 kilometres east of the prolific Growler oil field in PRL 15.
It is also located just over 1 kilometre from the Tigercat-1 oil well that was cased and suspended as a future production well in 2008 after encountering 7 metres of net oil pay.
Besides drilling the Snatcher-4 and Snatcher-5 wells, the Ensign Rig 48 will also drill the Mustang-1 and Tomcat-1 exploration wells in PEL 111.
Senex has a 60% operating interest in PEL 104 and PEL 111 while the remaining 40% is held by Beach.
Proactive Investors is a market leader in the investment news space, providing ASX “Small and Mid-cap” company news, research reports, StockTube videos and One2One Investor Forums.