Red River Resources (ASX:RVR) remains on track to restart commercial production in the December quarter of 2017 at its 100%-owned Thalanga Zinc Project located in Queensland.
Plant, site rehabilitation and restart activities at the project continued during June with 70% of the refurbishment tasks for the plant and infrastructure complete at the end of June.
The plant is on schedule to commence commissioning activities in the current September quarter.
The Thalanga plant is designed for a nominal throughput of 650,000 tonnes per annum, using standard industry technology to produce saleable copper, lead and zinc concentrates via flotation.
Development and mining activities at West 45 deposit, the first deposit to be mined, continued during the period.
Red River is in the process of restarting the Thalanga Zinc Project, which is based on mining three deposits, West 45, Far West and Waterloo.
It is the only ASX-listed zinc stock forecast to commence production in 2017.
Following completion of the A$30 million capital raising in 2016, Red River is fully funded to restart production at Thalanga and pursue exploration activities, including this discovery at Liontown East.
Zinc was the second-best performing commodity in 2016, with a 65% return and has continued to rise in 2017 with lowering inventories and constricted supply.
Thalanga June progress
Thalanga plant, site rehabilitation and restart activities continued during June with the following undertaken:
- Roof and structural repairs on the fine ore bin continued with all corroded material removed and replacement members currently being installed;
- Completed feeders and structural replacement underneath fine ore bin;
- Repaired damaged and corroded concrete plinths underneath ball mill area; and
- Repaired and poly sprayed all the internal cells inside the flotation area.
At the West 45 deposit:
- 252 metres of development completed with the 105-metre decline development taking priority;
• Circa 10,500 tonnes of development ore delivered to ROM pad, from Level 956 Eastern and Western ore drives and Level 936 Eastern and Western ore drives;
• Stoping blocks have been designed and slot development will commence shortly;
• Raise bore completed the return air raise and the ventilation fans installation commenced; and
• Production drill rig was mobilised to site and commissioned underground.
The appointments of processing operators are ongoing with final contracts being offered.