Sign up Australia
Proactive Investors - Run By Investors For Investors

Medical Australia to focus on human healthcare

Medical Australia to focus on human healthcare

Medical Australia (ASX:MLA) plans to focus on growing its human healthcare business and divesting its animal healthcare business.

In December 2013, the company finalised the acquisition of animal healthcare and stem cell technology provider MediVet Pty Ltd.

Since then, it has added directors and management and raised additional capital.

However, following a review of various business operations, the company has concluded that it has neither the financial nor human resources to fully pursue the potential of both the Human Healthcare business and Animal Healthcare business opportunities that have been presented.

Significant growth opportunities have been identified in both business sectors which will require additional capital resources to fulfil.

In particular the opportunities related to the Animal Healthcare business are predominantly in the U.S. and there are few if any synergistic benefits of common ownership of the business sectors.

The company has engaged Main Street Capital in conjunction with Corporate Capital Group to assist the process of looking for investors to take the MediVet business forward.

It has a 60.5% interest in MediVet with the remaining 39.5% held by interests related to the U.S. management.

The Human Healthcare business has been returned to profitability and management have identified a number of additional growth options.

These options will require funding for both investment acquisitions and working capital expansion.

It is expected that investment which has been directed to MediVet over the last eighteen months will now be freed up and enable the Human Healthcare opportunities to be fully exploited.



Proactive Investors Australia is the market leader in producing news, articles and research reports on ASX emerging companies with distribution in Australia, UK, North America and Hong Kong / China.

View full MLA profile View Profile

Medical Australia Timeline

Related Articles

Cells
May 17 2017
Revenues are on the rise and the group’s efforts to bring in new business is delivering.
shutterstock_127456451.jpg
March 30 2017
PIFA Heparin PF/4 - a diagnostic test for allergic reactions to blood thinning agent Heparin - achieved an 85% jump in sales in 2016
Microbes
April 16 2017
Stephen O’Hara created Opti as a company all by himself in 2012 as a business focused on the rapidly growing microbiome space, which harnesses the positive benefits of microbes that live on the human body

© Proactive Investors 2017

Proactive Investors Australia PTY LTD ACN:132787654 ABN:19132787654.

Market Indices, Commodities and Regulatory News Headlines copyright © Morningstar. Data delayed 15 minutes unless otherwise indicated. Terms of use