Sign up Australia
Proactive Investors - Run By Investors For Investors

Legacy Iron Ore granted drilling approval for Mt Bevan

Legacy Iron Ore granted drilling approval for Mt Bevan

Legacy Iron Ore (ASX:LCY) has been granted approval to conduct drilling on a number of DSO iron ore targets within the Mt Bevan project area in Western Australia.

A 1,600 metre reverse circulation drilling program will begin next week.

This will target the Mt Mason North prospect where earlier drilling made thick intersections of DSO hematite, and DSO targets outlined by recent surface rock chip sampling.

Mt Mason North adjoins Jupiter Mines' Mt Mason resource of Measured and Indicated 9.4 million tonnes at 57.6% iron.

Most prior drilling has focussed on the Western BIF where a major magnetite resource was defined over a 10 kilometre strike length.

A number of high iron assays were received from the surface sampling programs conducted earlier in the year, and results of the drilling program should be available by the end of the current quarter.

Legacy Iron holds a 60% share of the Mount Bevan Joint Venture, with Hawthorn Resources (ASX:HAW) holding the remaining 40%.

Legacy is currently in the process of raising $25 million via a 3 for 1 entitlement issue priced at $0.014 per share.

Major shareholder, India's National Mineral Development Corporation, has confirmed it will take up its full entitlement of a minimum $12.1 million worth of new Legacy shares.

Repayment of a $3 million Citibank loan is envisaged out of funds raised as well as use in other key portfolio projects.

Legacy is currently capped at $9 million.

 

Proactive Investors is a market leader in the investment news space, providing ASX “Small and Mid-cap” company news, research reports, StockTube videos and One2One Investor Forums.





Register here to be notified of future LCY Company articles
View full LCY profile View Profile

Legacy Iron Ore Ltd Timeline

Related Articles

Nickel
May 19 2017
Strategic Minerals has a diversity of assets, including the Cobre magnetite operation in New Mexico and the Redmoor tin and tungsten project in Cornwall
picture of steel mill
December 01 2017
Bushveld will have 59.1% of Vametco once it completes the buy-out of partner Yellow Dragon.
1504607061_Iron-ore-stockpile.jpg
September 05 2017
Black Iron's potential costs have fallen significantly at the Shymanivske iron ore project in Ukraine, and the risk has fallen away too

No investment advice

The information on this Site is of a general nature only. It does not take your specific needs or circumstances into consideration, so you should look at your own financial position, objectives and requirements and seek financial advice before making any financial decisions. You acknowledge and understand that neither the Company, its related bodies corporate, the information providers or their affiliates will advise you personally about the nature, potential value or suitability of any particular security, portfolio of securities, transaction, investment strategy, or other matter. You should read our FSG and any other relevant disclosure documents and if necessary seek persona advice prior to making any investment decision.

You understand and agree that no Content (as defined below) published on the Site constitutes a recommendation that any particular security, portfolio of securities, transaction, or investment strategy is suitable or advisable for any specific person.

You understand that in certain circumstances the Company, its related bodies corporate, the information providers or their affiliates may have received, or be entitled to receive, financial or other consideration in connection with promoting, and providing information about, certain entities on the Site and in communications otherwise provided to you.

You understand that price and other data is supplied by sources believed to be reliable, that the calculations herein are made using such data, and that neither such data nor such calculations are guaranteed by these sources, the Company, the information providers or any other person or entity, and may not be complete or accurate. From time to time, reference may be made in our marketing materials to prior articles and opinions we have published. These references may be selective, may reference only a portion of an article or recommendation, and are likely not to be current. As markets change continuously, previously published information and data may not be current and should not be relied upon.

Before you act on any general advice we provide, please consider whether it is appropriate for your personal circumstances.

© Proactive Investors 2017

Proactive Investors Australia PTY LTD ACN:132787654 ABN:19132787654.

Market Indices, Commodities and Regulatory News Headlines copyright © Morningstar. Data delayed 15 minutes unless otherwise indicated. Terms of use