Sign up Australia
Proactive Investors - Run By Investors For Investors

Ethan Minerals granted manganese mining leases, to lift production at Kampumba mine

Ethan Minerals granted manganese mining leases, to lift production at Kampumba mine

Ethan Minerals (ASX: ETH) has received formal ratification of the Kampumba Manganese Mining Leases from the Zambian Court, agreeing to Chief Mukonchi David Musonda’s rights to the area, and can now focus on increasing production capacity at the Kampumba mine.

The Chief has also now assigned the full operating rights of the mine to Allegra Mining Zambia Limited.

The project is located in the Zambian Copper Belt in Central Zambia, approximately 80 kilometres east of Kabwe and is close to the Great North Road, the main artery for road transport infrastructure.

The Kampumba Project has been in production for the past 50 years and is currently operating at a rate of approximately 650,000MT of manganese ore annually.

Allegra is also reviewing the required capital expenditure to lift this production to 1,000,000 MT PA.

Ken Fitzgerald, Ethan Minerals' executive director, said “the company can now focus on lifting production capacity at the mine and look to completing further exploration in order to define a JORC Compliant Resource at the Project.”

The operation is an open cut mine with a run of grades which are typically above 50% and as high as 61% Mn.

On October 22 the company reached an agreement with the local interests to acquire an 80% interest in the operating Kampumba manganese mine, with the remaining 20% a free carried interest to the local community.

The mine was previously illegally operated by Chinese miners who have now been evicted by the Zambian police and courts.

The rights to operate and the title to the leases were reaffirmed to Allegra Mining Zambia Ltd. by the Zambian Government and the surface and access rights have been reaffirmed to Chief David Musonda.

Allegra will contribute USD $40,000 for environmental and community infrastructure to earn an 80% full operating interest in this mine that can produce high grade Mn at the rate of 650,000 MT PA. Allegra will also pay the appropriate lease fees as outlined in the announcement of 27th October, 2010.






Register here to be notified of future ETH Company articles
View full ETH profile

Ethan Minerals Timeline

Related Articles

7-Drill-rig-mountains-in-the-background.jpg
November 26 2016
Barsele Minerals Corp., the miner junior, reported a huge improvement in its profitability with its third quarter earnings
coffee-1154353_1920.jpg
February 28 2017
Last week, Royal Road brought in C$3.6mln to finance its Colombia plans and anticipated operations in Nicaragua
silver-city-minerals_Drill-Rig-Razorback-West-Nov-2016-highres-757.jpg
November 04 2016
The company has a zinc and lithium focus in the world-class Broken Hill region.

© Proactive Investors 2017

Proactive Investors Australia PTY LTD ACN:132787654 ABN:19132787654.

Market Indices, Commodities and Regulatory News Headlines copyright © Morningstar. Data delayed 15 minutes unless otherwise indicated. Terms of use