Big picture - Why invest in Peninsula Mines Ltd
Peninsula Mines Ltd Snapshot
Peninsula Mines Ltd (ASX:PSM) is an Australian-listed mineral resources company advancing opportunities for mineral discovery and development in South Korea. Peninsula’s focus is on commodities which have a positive price outlook and potential off-take in-country.
Base Metal Projects
South Korean Base Metals Projects
Ubeong Base Metals Project
- Over 70 high-grade, historical workings were identified at Chilbo prospect
- Along strike of Kumho Zinc Mine, 10km to the west
- Detailed ground magnetic survey has confirmed structural controls to mineralisation
- Detailed soil sampling has confirmed zinc-silver and copper-gold zoning
- Further ground geophysics and surface sampling underway
- Ubeong Project fast-tracked for diamond drill targeting
- Detailed IP geophysics completed
- Diamond drill underway at Copperhead
South Korean Gold Projects
Osu Gold-Silver Project
- Extensive historical underground mining at Osu, extending over 1.5km, highlighted the mineral potential of this Project
- Regional aeromagnetics has defined a major magnetic high beneath Mount Pal Gong, directly below historical workings
- 30m of channel sampling at surface across the major, north-south trending, mineralised shear zone generated results including 5.7m @3.14g/t Au
- Diamond drilling is planned to determine continuity of mineralisation below historical workings
Camel Hills Project
- The large Camel Hills Project in central Western Australia, has been explored for gold, iron, and nickel-copper.
- The tenure has been reduced to focus on two VTEM anomalies, interpreted as potential massive sulphides in buried, layered ultramafics, coincident with copper-nickel anomalism in soils.
- Diamond drilling at VTEM1 intersected massive magnetite bands in granulite metamorphosed ultramafics.
- Further drilling of these deep drill targets in this remote location has been deferred in favour of other projects.
South Korean Graphite Projects
South Korean Graphite Business Development
- South Korea is a major producer of Li-Ion batteries but depends on China for graphite anode raw materials
- Peninsula has secured tenure over five historically recorded graphite deposits in South Korea
- Peninsula is developing sustainable graphite processing techniques to add value to raw materials
Peninsula continues to develop key industry relationships with Korean battery manufacturers and graphite consumers
South Korean Lithium Projects
Regional geochemistry highlighted lithium anomalism in a zone of granite-related pegmatites near the Boam Lithium Mine.
(click here for more information on this project)
Last updated 14th June 2018
BSc (Hons), FAusIMM, MAICD
Jon Dugdale was appointed CEO of Peninsula Mines Ltd in August 2016 and Managing Director on 6 February 2017. Jon graduated as a geologist with first class honours from the University of Melbourne in 1986. He has over 30 years of mining industry experience, including a 20 year track record of exploration discovery with WMC Ltd and MPI Mines Ltd, and 10 years of corporate experience in Australia and the Asian region as an analyst/investment manager with Lion Selection Ltd, then as Director and CEO (MD) with Mindoro Resources Ltd and Red Mountain Mining Ltd.
Jon's 30 years' discovery and corporate track record and proven ability to operate in international environments, in particular Asia, will be invaluable to Peninsula as the company looks to advance its projects through discovery and into development.
BSc (Hons) MAusIMM
Danny is a geologist and has extensive experience in the fields of mining and exploration across several jurisdictions including Australia, Korea, Mexico and India. He has performed in operational roles in a range of base metal and gold mines. In addition, Danny has managed drill-outs of large gold and base metal deposits.
Danny is currently Peninsula’s In-Country Manager for the Company’s projects in South Korea. Danny has been with the Company since the purchase of the South Korean assets in May 2013 and became Executive Director in February 2016.
BJuris LLB MBA FAICD
Phillip Jackson is a barrister and solicitor with over 25 years legal and international corporate experience, specialising in the areas of commercial and contract law, mining law and corporate structuring. He has worked extensively in the Middle East, Asia and the United States of America. Currently, Phillip is General Counsel for a major international oil and gas company, Non-Executive Chairman of Aurora Minerals Limited since it listed in June 2004 and Chairman of Predictive Discovery Limited since December 2014.
Phillip was formerly a managing legal counsel for a major international mining company, and in private practice specialised in small to medium resource companies. Phillip was managing region legal counsel: Asia Pacific for a leading oil services company for 13 years.
Phillip is also a Non-Executive Director of listed company Scotgold Resources Limited.
BSc (Hons) MBA
Martin is a geologist and a mining industry specialist with over 25 years' experience in the finance and resources industry in Australia. Having worked across a diverse range of commodities and been involved in various ASX listed companies, he has particular expertise in geology, exploration, resource and reserve estimation and feasibility study analysis.
Martin was previously in senior corporate finance roles with prominent Australian stock broking firms where he was responsible for the generation and execution of resources related equity raisings, mergers and acquisitions, corporate advisory and research, as well as resource analysis. Most recently he has provided corporate advisory services to a number of junior resource companies and is Non-Executive Director of Gold Road Resources.
Martin has a Bachelor of Science degree with First Class Honours in Geology and a Masters of Business Administration.
Last updated 14th June 2018
Suite 2, Level 2, 20 Kings Park Road
West Perth, Western Australia 6005.
Phone: +61 – 8 6143 1840
Fax: +61 8 9321 4692
Last updated 14th June 2018