Big picture - Why invest in Hazer Group Ltd
Hazer Group Ltd Snapshot
Hazer Group Ltd is a Western Australian based company focused on bringing innovative clean technology to the global market. Working to commercialise the Hazer Process; a novel low cost hydrogen and graphite production technology, Hazer Group strives to lead the way in clean hydrogen and graphite production.
The Hazer Process
The Hazer Process enables the effective conversion of natural gas, and similar feedstocks, into hydrogen and high quality graphite, using iron ore as a process catalyst. The aim of the Hazer Process will be to achieve savings for the hydrogen producer, as well as providing 'clean' hydrogen (i.e. with significant lower production of carbon dioxide emissions), enabling such hydrogen to be used in a range of developing 'clean energy' applications, as well as in large existing chemical processing industries. The graphite produced by the Hazer Process is high purity (>90%wt), highly crystalline 'synthetic' graphite. The Hazer Process can be tailored to create a range of graphite morphologies, potentially enabling Hazer to target multiple specialised markets and end user applications.
Our competitive advantages set the Hazer Process apart from our competition.
Unlike other traditional hydrogen and graphite production methods, the Hazer Process has four key advantages over alternative technologies:
• Potentially by capturing both the hydrogen and carbon (graphite) value of natural gas, the Hazer Process can offer lower production costs for these valuable commodities.
• Clean hydrogen and energy; by producing hydrogen with negligible CO2 emissions, the Hazer Process can produce hydrogen for the growing clean energy hydrogen market
• Process versatility; the Hazer Process can be used to capture value from a wide range of gas sources, including “stranded” gas assets.
• High purity graphite; the Hazer Process produces high purity graphite with the potential to be used in a wide range of applications.
The Hazer Process produces cheaper and cleaner hydrogen for the growing global market
With a global market worth over US$100 billion, hydrogen is widely used as an industrial chemical – primarily within the petroleum industry and for the production of ammonia. Traditionally the high cost of production and the large CO2 emissions that are created when producing hydrogen has limited the development of the hydrogen-based energy market.
The future growth in the hydrogen market is built on a vision of being able to utilise hydrogen for clean energy generation. The Hazer Process offers a unique clean production technology ideally suited to this growing hydrogen demand. Unlike traditional forms of hydrogen production, the Hazer Process eliminates the current production barriers allowing hydrogen to produced at lower cost and with significantly less CO2 emissions compared to other hydrogen production technologies.
The Hazer Process produces high quality, low cost synthetic graphite.
In 2013 the global graphite market totalled over 2.5 million tonnes per annum, worth over US$13.6. Graphite has an increasing demand worldwide in many industrial applications; developments in the energy field, particularly in the lithium-ion battery market is a key driver for ongoing graphite demand.
Last updated 15th April 2016.
Mr Rick Hopkins
• Partner, PKF Lawler (previously Barringtons CA)
• Substantial director experience in public and private entities, plus significant corporate finance and tax expertise
• Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants , Fellow of the Financial Services Institute of Australasia
Mr Bryant McLarty
• Principal, Mac Equity Partners
• Significant public capital expertise in technology commercialisation companies
• Led recapitalisation and growth strategy for Structural Monitoring Systems PLC (ASX:SMN)
• Previously Exec Chairman of PharmAust (ASX:PAA), non-exec director Avation PLC (LSE:AVAP)
Ms Danielle Lee
• Special counsel at Jackson McDonald corporate advisory team.
• Corporate lawyer with more than 20 years’ experience with approximately 9 years as legal counsel at ASX Sydney and Assistant Manager at ASX Perth.
• Main practice areas are corporate advisory, governance and equity capital markets; regularly advises on issues relating to the Corporations Act and ASX Listing Rules
Mr Geoff Pocock
• Principal, Polaris Consulting (WA)
• Founder, HazerGroup Ltd
• Over 15 years experience in commercialisation, corporate finance and strategy
• Ex Managing Partner mid tier strategy consulting business
• Tertiary qualifications in Chemistry, Law and Applied Finance
Dr Andrew Cornejo
Chief Technical Officer
• PhD and key researcher on Hazer project
• Lead inventor on a number of patents.
• Commercial experience in engineering consultancy and resources project development.
• Bachelor of mechanical engineering and commerce (UWA), Graduate Cert in research commercialization (QUT)
Ms Emma Waldon
• Over 18 years global corporate experience.
• Company Secretary of MOKO Social Media Limited
• Diverse financial, corporate advisory and risk management roles at Ernst & Young, Euroz Securities, Lloyds Banking Group (London) and Deloitte.
• Member, AICA, a Fellow of the FINSIA and a Certificated Member of GIA.
Last updated 15th April 2016.
Suite 7, 29
The Avenue Nedlands WA 6009
PO Box 1458
West Perth WA 6872
Last updated 15th April 20163